Healing, bonding, and understanding

3rd Person POV: 

Megan was healing well, it had been 2 days since she had be brought back into Asgard from the use of the Bifrost, the healers managed to save her in time before the blood loss took her life. 

Loki, however, refused to leave her side, she now lay on a white comfortable bed her head propped up on pillows as Loki dabbed her facial cuts with warm water and cream. 

His mother would come in with his meals and he would lay his head next to her as he slept, today a small cut had reopened on her hand and he gently turned it over dabbing it with some disinfectant. He gazed at the cut marks on her palms for a moment before continuing to wrap her hand in a fresh white cotton bandage. 

He had been waiting patiently and Thor had come to tell him why she had left Asgard, for he had gotten the information from Heimdall, it was to protect her people but also for Asgard's safety as not defeating the enemy would bring them here. 

Odin had caught wind of the ordeal and was outraged but Frigga managed to calm him after he got a glimpse of the dark circles under Lokis eyes and how he held her hand so close to him staring off into her face with a sense of longingness. 

He couldn't believe his younger son had fallen for a creature in which he had himself cast out with the rest of her tribe. Occasionally when Frigga would come in and ask for Loki to walk with her for a moment he would be reluctant but every time she asked he would stand carefully placing a kiss on the soft spot between her ears, whisper sweet things and take his leave. 

Eventually, she had awoken but it was quite a sudden at that, she had been stuck in a night terror and pulled and clawed at the sheets in her bed attacking and growling at something. Loki quickly woke up and stood gently shaking her shoulders until her eyes snapped open piercing gold as she latched her arms around his waist pulling him toward her suddenly. 

She inhaled his strong scent and nuzzled her face into his shoulder making a content noise that she wasn't alone anymore and sense him. He smiled over her shoulder returning the embrace as his parents silently stood in the infirmary watching the ordeal. 

A day later she was allowed to leave the bed which she was very eager to do and glanced around at the familiar palace glad she was with Loki. He provided that sense of comfort she missed so much when she was away. It was like he latched himself into her heart and wouldn't let go so if she left him it would leave a sense of heartbreak for both parts.

After a short while of Loki's arms snaked gently around her waist, he grew sick of seeing her limping all over the place and scooped her up bridal style. She yelped in surprise and her hands clutched his armor tightly on his chest. He smirked down at her and when she looked up she blushed profusely which didn't go unnoticed and let go crossing her arms over her chest huffing. 

He chuckled which made her heart soar with content, she had noticed how down he was lately and she hated the factor that it was because of her leave. She was glad to hear him enjoying himself and that he was glad to have her back, she feared he would reject her but was content with him not doing so by now.

Eventually, they made it back to his chambers and he ordered the maids to run her a bath filled with fresh bubbles and small candles around it. He allowed them to prepare the bath and patiently waited for Megan to enter the bath so he wouldn't see her exposed. Once she was in she smiled as she allowed him in as the bubbles covered the majority of her body.

He took a small hair tie and tied her hair back loosely gently taking her hands and unraveling all the bandages. He allowed her of course to do her thigh and lower abdomen allowing the clean freshwater to cleanse around each wound. She winced but gave Loki a weak smile as he held her hand. 

She gently turned her back to him as he took a small sponge and cleansed her back avoiding new wounds and lathering the soap gently in his hands he massaged her back. She bit back a moan of complete and utter relief in the warm water and Lokis hands doing wonders on her sore joints. He smirked as she shifted in the water trying to push her shoulder further into where his hand was and he complied. 

Shortly after, the maids had returned and Loki left the bathroom, it was Feya and she gladly helped Megan with drying off and re bandaging her wounds. They both caught up and Megan told her all about what had happened in Morkia "oh my! it is quite the adventure you have had miss Morgan" she spoke admirably with glistening eyes.

"It was quite tiring I must admit," Megan added sheepishly with a sigh as Feya carefully undid her hair and braided it back into a single plat of brown cascading down her shoulders. 

"I would assume so, Prince Loki has insisted you are to stay on bed rest for now" Feya mentioned and Megan frowned. She hated the healing process, she just wanted to run about in the forest and stretch her sore limbs but understood it was vital to her health that she didn't. 

Shortly after changing she stepped out in her baby blue nightgown that was lengthed by Loki again after she was noticeably uncomfortable. He was about to go to sleep that night when he heard a whine of disapproval from the bed, he looked over to see Megan frowning and reaching for him her ears drooping and giving him the most pleading puppy eyes she could give him. 

"Oh so now you want me?" he jested chuckling as she nodded her head once, he stood up from the couch and crawled into the bed beside her and she latched her arms around his waist snuggling into him. He was blushing profusely but she didn't notice and didn't care, she hadn't realized how much she enjoyed his company until she had left and she wasn't prepared to lose it again.