Overwhelming thoughts

Megan POV: 

I despised this, I despised it so much, the maids prepared me in the morning and I put on the fakest smile I could muster trying to forget last night's events.

Frigga entered not long after reminding me of the plans as they placed the dress on me. I scratched one of the 3 maids as she overly tightened the waist of the dress just about cutting off my airflow which caused me to panic. 

It was large and a bit heavy, uncomfortable for sure, but it was very shimmery, studded with jewels of all kinds. In shades of a pigment they call pink, I fiddled with the fabric hem of my sleeve a few times out of nervousness but Frigga assured me there was nothing to fear. 

As we descended down the halls Frigga stumped me with a question of four words "do you enjoy his company?" she questioned. 

Even if it wasn't a "do you love him" kind of question It was still important, I had not had a mate back home, of course, many pack members took a liking to my strong independent nature but I supposed I scared them off too often for them to gain proper attractions or feelings as they liked to ramble on about having.

 I had never Loved before, finding a mate proved difficult for me, even my father's nagging agitated me to no end about finding a suitable male to help me lead a pack. 

I trusted Loki for a while, but finding he had been following me broke a bit of that trust away again, but yet I knew he shouldn't trust me. It only bothered me because he was likely to discover my plans to leave.

It was in my nature to be free, I was a wolf for crying out loud! but it still pained me to hear he had followed me out through the forest in the short time I'd known him I thought he'd allowed me some time to myself at least. I didn't know how far I could throw him on the theory that he didn't hear what had been discussed in the forest but I could only hope he didn't catch too much of it.

I trusted him at the time, yes and he was comforting in a strange way I missed his presence when he left for the most part, in the short time I had known him that is, but I wouldn't go as far as of to call him my mate.

 It had only been a few days since I had met him and only a day ago had I gone far enough to speak to him. It would take more time. But I feared that time would run out by midnight.

Secretly I vowed to return, it was an oath I took to not trust the inhabitants of Asgard but he drew me back, the thought of getting up and leaving all together made me feel even more lonely somehow than I was back home. Which was odd, I'd thought returning to my pack would be better for me yet it only seemed to dull a spark in my chest. 

It was like a tether tying me invisibly to him, but I knew I had to cut it, for the sake of my people, I couldn't just vanish.

"I am not sure" I managed to splutter, it was the truth, I had not fully decided if I was prepared to fall for someone of the traitorous realm to mine. I sort of enjoyed his company, yet I thought if I'd said that it would seal the fate that we were going to love each other or something drastic.

Perhaps It was the innocence that drove me to not suffocate him in his sleep or slice a line across his throat with a sharpened claw. Maybe the lack of knowledge of our kind was the reason he was not so judgmental of me, it seemed like the only logical explanation, he didn't truly know what my kind was known for. It kept me here, the thought of another life.

She nodded in response as we walked to the doors of the large room "deep breaths" she whispered as she held her an elbow out for me to slip my hand into to which I did.

I inhaled deeply and exhaled then looked to her "I'm ready" I stated and she smiled and nodded to the guards who pushed open the doors. 

My heart plummeted into my stomach, at first there were gasps erupting then extremely loud cheering. Millions upon millions of Asier people stood in crowds around the path to the end of the room where Loki stood. My ears flattened not only in fear of so many thousands of people but also at the noise level. I felt my tail tuck between my legs as we walked past all these people.