There may be a way..

"Look there may be a way, you know of Heimdall from the fairy and nymph rumors yes?" Megan put in and I began to become vexed at her sudden eagerness to leave. "what of him?" Snow seethed pacing  "He must be true! the rainbow bridge exists, so does the bi frost" Snow's eyes widened in thought "are you able to get to him?" Snow leered "I suppose so.." Megan contemplated actually considering the idea of it. 

I couldn't believe it, she was just going to leave after everything, she had lied about just going for a midnight run and now she was planning on escaping Asgard all together, she had tricked me! and would not tell me the connection she and my father had in the past!

"go then, I will wait here tomorrow night for you to fetch me and bring me to Heimdall with you so we can travel back to the pack" Snow said thoughtfully and to my surprise Megan also nodded, "very well, midnight tomorrow, do not interfere with anyone in Asgard, am I clear?" Megan said stiffly and Snow grumbled a "fine".

With that the two wolves parted ways darting back opposite was into the forest, now I knew she was lying to me, I was enraged. I quickly flew back to the palace in time to freeze the guards so she could sneak back and I sat on my bed acting as though I was engrossed in a  book as she entered quickly shutting the door behind her with a huff. 

"what were you up to that took so long?" I rose a brow trying not to show so my seething anger, she jumped at the sound "Loki, I... didn't realize you were still awake" she scratched her neck avoiding my skeptical eyes "I sometimes struggle to catch sleep, but please, do answer my question, what were you up to that kept you out so late?" I pressed again more firmly. 

"I just went for a run

"I just went for a run..." she trailed off, scuffling her feet on the floor, lying, again.

 I quickly snapped my book shut angrily which made her jump and look up "oh really? so then why did I see you converse with a silver wolf in the forest?" I sneered glaring at her.

Her eyes widened in shock then she furrowed her eyebrows "you followed me?" She breathed in disbelief,  "that is not of importance, why did you lie?" I spat lowly "you followed me!" she murmured more to herself than anything struggling to process it.

"can you not give me an ounce of trust?" she growled angrily "clearly not! because as soon as I would have you go and run off to some associate of yours!" I retaliated standing to my feet stalking over to her until she backed into a wall with wide eyes. 

"why. did.you.lie?" I emphasized, "because I don't want my friend dead!" she roared shoving me back enacting a small force to make me step back, "you couldn't even trust me enough to not kill your friend? do you really think me so merciless?" I countered in disbelief. A flash of regret crossed her features then they darkened "I wouldn't put your past your kind" she dared, "what is the quarrel you have with Asgardian's?!" I shrilled angrily throwing my hands up in frustration.

I felt a dash of regret as her ears flattened at the sound "Ask your terrible excuse for a father!" she stormed, "I am nothing like him! you act as though we are the same!" I hissed. 

"yeah right! he couldn't trust a monster like me so why should you be any different?!" She burst out, and pain washed over my features, did she really look so far down on herself to see a monster? and I of all people didn't notice?

"Show me your wrists" I instructed darkly with a cold glare my body going rigid "what?" her eyes widened and her complexion went pale.

"Show.me.your.wrists" I repeated "no" she said defiantly so I grasped her hand using it to turning and expose the underside of her arms, looking at her wrists revealing lines of cuts running up her forearm.

 I exhaled defeatedly my shoulders slumping as I ran a cold hand over them but she immediately swiveled out of my hand "why do you do this to yourself?" I questioned weakly "that's none of your concern" she snapped folding her arms across her chest making more effort to hide what I had discovered

"It is most definitely my concern Megan, your health is extremely important," I frowned, "what did you hear?" she suddenly questioned looking away from me, "what do you mean?"

"I said, what did you hear? in the forest" she answered still looking away her brows pinched.

"I only saw you run and meet a silver wolf" I lied, I hated lying to her but I didn't want to believe she would leave, she would change her mind after the wedding I knew it. I had faith I could convince her living here was not as bad as she thought it to be, I would make her time worthwhile and she'd not want to go back, perhaps I just hadn't tried hard enough just yet.

 "you are sure?" she murmured looking at me with an analyzing glare "yes," I said biting back a grimace at my own words.

She nodded weakly then shifted and turned under the desk curling into a ball and facing the other way. I huffed and turned for bed after getting changed in the bathroom glancing back at her "goodnight Megan" I told her softly and blew out the candle that lit up the room faintly engulfing the room in darkness.