Forgive me for I beg of you

Loki POV: 

It was becoming noon and I was making no progress, I talked, yes, but whether she heard it or even wanted to hear it was a different story. I came to the conclusion we would need to get out of my chambers to even come close to trusting one another. 

"come with me" I instructed, she lifted her wolf head up and turned it toward me in interest tilting it to the side a bit "please" I added meekly and she stood from out under the desk. 

I got up from the side of my bed as well and walked out of the doors to my chambers and she followed behind me still in wolf form. We trailed down the golden corridors until we reached the familiar library I came to know and love, I heard her shift behind me as only two other footsteps trailed. I flicked through the isles as I glanced over she was in the center of the large room glancing at all the shelves with interest.

"have you ever read before?" I called as I trailed another shelf with my index finger, I glanced over to see her shake her head. "no" I heard a faint mutter, I froze momentarily at her voice but attempted to keep looking for a book that would pique her interest.

Eventually, I trailed along to a familiar large leather book, it held poetry but I decided since she wasn't familiar with reading it would be particularly difficult to adjust to. I decided upon a spellbook, hopefully, I could show her some of my magic in order to impress her. I smiled upon taking the large red leather book from the shelf and looked over at her as she was glancing at a shelf and clutching a book in her hands. I couldn't read the title as it was in a language I could not decipher. 

She seemed to be frowning at the cover and words so I approached her "everything alright?" I asked trying to spark up a conversation. She jumped slightly obviously very taken with the books cover "can you read it I asked?" and she nodded "only this one" she muttered. I tried to hide the grin on my face at her now speaking to me her voice was light and melodic, "you can open it you know" I pressed to hear her more "I am aware" she said dismissively. I noted she kept quiet with her words but had a snap to them when she wanted to.

"well, come, sit" I gestured to a couple of couches in the center and she trailed behind me with the book still in her hands I sat down next to her placing my spellbook on the table "what does it say?" I asked, "it is of my bloodline," she said glancing up at me with her enticing yellow orbs as she grazed her fingers over the indented lettering on the cover. 

I had to snap myself out of the daze she put me in and replied: "care to read it?" I asked "not sure" 

I wondered why she was speaking now of all times, of course, I wouldn't dare utter the words I would very much like to remain alive and well. I enjoyed her voice, it was soothing and sleek as well I liked hearing something from her, but of course, I kept these thoughts to myself. 

"I would read it for you but I am afraid it is not in my tongue," I spoke out and she glanced up at me again then looked back to the book "good" she noted as I rose a brow and she opened the book. 

I frowned at her answer but she didn't notice as she began to flick through the pages. A few drawings of wolves were put here and there between pages as I glanced over her shoulder, she read through it quite fast but as she neared the end she froze. When she turned the last page a purple and red flower had been pressed into the page. She growled lowly throwing the book across the room with quick force. It hit a pillar with a loud thud that echoed over the library. 

I flinched and looked at her concerned as she pushed herself to the back corner of the couch glaring in the direction the book was thrown. "What was the meaning of that?" I asked dumbfounded.

"poisonous" she sneered and my eyes widened, that flower must have been very dangerous to her kind. I nodded in acknowledgment.

 "well to take your mind off of things I have a spellbook" I said as I shifted to face her entirely on the leather couch cross-legged, book in my lap. I glanced up as I opened it to see she had moved into a sitting position in front of me such as my own.

 Her ears twitched with curiosity as her large furred tail draped over her legs. Her torn garment was not the most pleasing thing to look at so I arranged for a few maids to fix a new garment for her while she was with me.

I flicked through a few pages before finding one that I found easy, a snowflake. I smiled as I lifted my hand palm facing out and upright with a snap of my fingers a small white frozen snowflake hovered above my palm. I glanced over to her to see her eyes wide with interest and curiosity and I watched as she tilted her head ever so slightly trying to understand it. 

But my focus got lost as I watched her innocent eyes dart from my hand to my emerald ones and only then did I notice I had accidentally melted the snowflake so water dripped onto the leather couch.

 I blinked a few times before attempting to cover my lack of focus. I clicked my fingers again but she furrowed her eyebrows as no snowflake appeared in either of my hands, she looked straight at me unamused because nothing was happening. Only then did the small snowflake appear out of nowhere and land on her small slightly tinted pink nose. 

She sneezed as it did so and batted her hand at it as it disappeared, I chuckled at the adorable action and she looked up at me glaring playfully. She then looked back at the book in my lap and put a hand on it I looked down at her hand then up to her "another?" I questioned and she nodded once. I flicked through a few other pages finding another spell that she would take an interest in, I shapeshifted. 

but first, I stood up from my spot on the couch until I was in front of her, it took the majority of my magic but I turned into a deep grey wolf with green eyes.

I watched as her golden eyes widened in interest and for the first time ever I saw the biggest smile on her face. I gave her a toothy wolf grin but she then shifted and pounced on me, I tumbled to the ground and I could hear her laughter through my mind. We were both rolling on the floor in wolf forms laughing about like a couple of fools. her yellow eyes met my green ones as we both lay down exhausted from laughter facing each other still as wolves. 

It shocked me however when she leaned in and licked my nose, I blinked a few times before she stood up and panted in front of me in sitting position. I quickly got to my feet, well paws, and shifted back, and then she did too. We were both breathing heavily from rolling on the floor but she smiled at me rubbing her arm anxiously. 

I quickly blinked out the haze and coughed nervously and then turned back to my book picking it up and closing it. "have you ever ridden a stallion before?" I inquired suddenly after putting the book away, she tilted her head and furrowed her brows in confusion "I guess not" I concluded with a chuckle.