031. FIREWORK

real life:

If there was one thing Elijah loved the most, it would be fast food. Because of that reason, he sat in Tom's black SUV with a content grin on his face as he played around with a particularly curly fry in his hand, which had already become greasy and stained with bits of salt.

Tom sat beside him as he sipped from his drink, glancing at the brunette next to him, watching how he fiddled with the fry and cocking his head slightly

"What are you doing?"

The American brunette looked up and dropped the fry out of his hand in an instant, "What?"

Tom shook his head in amusement, "Nothing."

The Brit looked down at the little clock that was installed in his car; 7:44pm, and a small hint of panic overtook his face,

"Shit."

The brunette next to him, who had by now finished the last few fries that laid in the little tray on his lap, looked up in confusion, "What? Do you need to go?"

A confused frown grew present on Tom's face as he shook his head, "What- no, of course not. It's 7:44pm, we're late for the movie."

It would be at least a ten minute ride to the cinema from the parking lot the two young adults found themselves in. Tom wanted to take Elijah to a restaurant at first, but when they got recognised there, they decided to just go to a drive-thru and eat in the car. The Brit had felt pretty bad about the matter, but the American seemed to love it a lot.

"Well drive then," said American spoke before an amused laugh escaped his mouth.

"That's a smart idea."

It had only taken exactly two and a half minutes before the two were struck in busy traffic of New York City. As the minutes ticked away, they decided to just park the car and walk to the cinema, since it would probably take twice as long to drive.

"You sure you don't mind to walk?" Tom asked while he pushed the button of a small remote that locked his car.

Elijah shook his head, "Not at all, I need to walk more anyway. You know, YouTuber life and all that."

He spoke the last sentence with his hands making gestures in the air, something that he seemed to do a lot when he was with Tom.

Tom couldn't help but laugh at the strange motions of the boy. He was thoroughly amused by all the little things he did. By the way he always pushes that one strand of hair behind his ear, because it keeps falling in his face, to the way his nose scrunches up when he frowns.

"What are you looking at?" Elijah asked as he tried to meet the gaze of the Brit behind him, trying to figure out what he was doing.

"You."

"Ha, real smooth, Holland." The brunette joked as he waited for said boy to catch up with him. Elijah was quite fortunate with his longer legs, that made him walk a bit faster than most people.

"Good thing that's my second name then," the Brit replied, earning an honest chuckle from the brunette next to him, "God, this is going to take forever.."

"Alright, let's play twenty-one questions then," The American said, like it was the most obvious thing to do.

A shrug in agreement came from his right and so he thought of a question to ask, "Do you believe in aliens?"

A chuckle escaped Tom's mouth at the specific question, but frowned for in thought for a moment, "I don't know, to be honest. I mean maybe? How about you?"