040. LONDON

real life :

Elijah felt panicked, nervous, excited, terrified and everything in between. It was like all those emotions were having a mixing party in both his mind and stomach, which made the young brunet want to throw up.

What didn't help, was that the plane he was currently on, was making its way downwards. Not like it was crashing or anything, just a normal, everyday landing, but it was still enough for the young adult to tens up in his seat at every hint of turbulence that rushed past the plane's wings.

Oh, how he wished Tom would be there with him and just hold his hand, and distract him.

The Brit in question had flown to London a few days earlier, wanting to spend his break from filming with his family. Elijah had done the same. He had spent the last week at his old home, making up for the fact that he wouldn't be there on Christmas morning. That particular task wasn't as easy, since both Mallory and Levi had learned the art of guilt-tripping quite well and forced the him to go everywhere with them.

Another small wave of turbulence shook through the slender brunet's body, making him tighten the grip he had on the plastic armrest, knuckles turning white.

A soft hand was placed on his, and Elijah whipped his head to his right. An older lady was sat next to him, a kind look in her eyes, patting his clenched hand slightly. His first instinct was to pull the hand away in panic at the touch, but something inside of him told him it was fine, so he let his tense fingers relax ever so slightly under the warm touch.

"Flying is not your thing, huh?" The lady spoke sweetly, still giving him a comforting look, a look that only a grandmother could give.

The brunet shook his head hastily and shortly, making his brown curls swing from side to side.

"Well don't worry about it, honey." The grey haired lady replied, shooting Elijah a reassuring smile. Only now the brunet noticed the lady's British accent that was laced through the vowels she spoke, "May I ask where you're going?"

"I'm visiting a-"

He cut himself off for a moment in hesitation, not knowing what the lady's views were, even when she seemed nice enough, "I'm visiting a friend, meeting his family."

A chuckle escaped the lady's lips, "You can't fool me, young man. I know a love bird when I see one – you're smitten."

A slight blush overtook the brunet's features, feeling a little put on the spot, "Oh.."

"Now tell me, is he good to you?" The lady asked, another chuckle escaping her lips as she obviously knew she was right.

"Oh god, he's amazing-"

Elijah continued to talk to the lady for the duration of the flight after that, letting his stress and worries ebb away through the soothing conversations with the lady, he now knew to be Elise. Her plan was of course, to keep him talking and distracted through the landing, easing his nerves with her sweet comments, and by letting him talk about the things he was passionate about.

After the plane landed, Elijah and Elise said their goodbyes and parted ways, the nerves that had left his mind and stomach starting to act up again.

He pushed a clammy hand through his unruly hair. Do I look good? Do I smell weird – What if I smell weird? No. Stop. You're only making it worse for yourself. But what if I do?

These incredibly irrational thoughts swam through the brunet's mind as he made his way through the airport, occasionally bumping into other people because of how distracted he was.