~ Two ~

There was one thing Peter knew for sure, and it almost made him feel relieved about the situation.

Almost.

This group? They weren't HYDRA.

Peter could tell by the way they spoke to one another - and by the way they looked at his mark on his shoulder with distaste.

(In all honesty, Peter looked at his 'Property of HYDRA mark with disgust too.)

The way they interacted was completely different, yet it still didn't make Peter comfortable.

These people - the people Toomes banded with - they were a completely new entity. One that the Avengers, the police, even SHIELD hadn't come across yet.

And it scared him.

It scared him because some of the crimes he had been to had nobody left there.

They'd been stealthy.

And it wasn't the normal run of the mill crimes either.

Murders, theft, fatal injuries, anything else.

These people were dangerous. And Peter was stuck with them.

He had just admitted it at this point. Tony had probably given up by now. He had no way of telling the time, it could've been months or even days.

Nobody would bother looking for him for this long. He wasn't worth the time.

There was that small part of him that protested against that, that whispered Tony's last words to him over and over and over again. The part that wouldn't let him give up, no matter what.

It refused to let him give up.

"We'll come back for you, Pete. I promise. Don't give up hope, because if you do we'll appear and beat it back into you, okay? I love you, Peter. See you soon."

~~~

"FRIDAY, pull up file number 43, please, " Tony said, stopping his work so he could see the file.

"Pulling up file 'sad boi hours', sir," FRIDAY responded dutifully.

Tony gave a sad chuckle at the reminder of when Peter changed the name of all his files.

He hadn't known what was in any of them, of course. Tony didn't disclose that information to anyone not even his son.

That's not to say Tony didn't change all the files around so that the name would be appropriate to what was in the file.

Inside of file 43 were pictures and videos of Peter, from when Tony had adopted him to before he got taken.

Not taken.

Given away.

"I'll find you, Peter," Tony vowed quietly, staring at the videos and photos sadly.

"Hey, hey, Peter," Tony laughed behind the camera, a ten year old Peter in view. "Guess what?"

"What is it, Tony?" Peter asked, a grin brightening up his face. "Is it that new chemistry kit we were talking about yesterday? You didn't need to get it, you know, it costed loads."

Tony remembered that moment. He remembered Peter's grin lighting up his entire face, his pearly white teeth on full view as he opened his present.

There was only one thing that had troubled Tony at the time.