~ Five ~

Peter could feel the excitement building up inside of him.

He was finally going to get out. After all of these weeks - months? - he would finally be free.

And, oh, how he looked forward to it.

No more sitting in a cell for hours at a time. No more being dragged out by his arms because he refused to willingly go with them.

No more stale food. No more dirty water.

No more being captive.

And this time, Peter swore he'd be more careful than he was. He would not get captured again - although he had walked into this one, he admitted.

(He fully blamed Steve for that.)

He had waited for hours after he had found the key, not wanting to risk opening his door.

There was a certain time every day when, for about fifteen-twenty minutes, nobody walked past his cell.

He was hoping it would be the same this time - but then again, why wouldn't it be? They didn't - couldn't know that he had a key, otherwise they'd have come into his cell hours ago.

He counted himself lucky as he saw the final person that day pass his door (and he knew it was the final person, it had to be, because they were a guard, checking that he was still unconscious from the last 'meeting' and making sure his cell was locked).

He'd gotten taken to Toomes a half hour after he'd found the key, but he'd luckily found a spare moment when nobody passed by him and managed to hide it in the crack in the ceiling.

These people really weren't the smartest.

He waited a few seconds.

Ten had passed by.

He held his breath.

No footsteps.

Fifteen seconds.

He quietly stood up, making his way over to the crack in the ceiling - he was almost glad that his cell was so small now. Almost.

Forty five seconds.

He reached up and grabbed the key, holding it delicately in the palm of this hand - he didn't want to make any noise at all.

A minute.

Still no footsteps. He had about fourteen minutes left.

And he was going to make them count.

~~~

"Wait, explain the plan to me again?" Harry asked, raising his eyebrow slightly as he gave Gwen and Ned an incredulous look. "No offence, but it sounds... stupid."

"It's not stupid, Har," Ned replied, rolling his eyes.

Of course, he was only agreeing to this because Tony would do anything to get Peter back, even go along with a couple of kids' ideas.

Besides, Tony knew him. It was safe to say that he'd know Harry as well, since Peter tended to ramble a lot, so it would just be Gwen, and she'd be easy to explain.

As long as Tony didn't ruin his cover, it'd be fine. Perfectly fine.

"We already explained it three times!" Gwen added, exasperated. "Do we really need to go over it again?"

"We're about ten minutes away," Harry protested. "We may as well go over it to... get it into our heads, maybe."

"Sure, Harry. Sure."