~ Ten ~

It was one o'clock in the morning. Or maybe it was two. Peter didn't know.

He needed Tony.

He couldn't need Tony.

But he needs him so badly oh god he couldn't breathe he couldn't breathe!

But he was fine. He couldn't need Tony, not when Tony himself was still recovering.

Peter had told FRIDAY long ago not to tell Tony when he was having a panic attack, or a nightmare, or was crying, or any of the above mixed together.

Mr Stark needed his peace, he needed his rest. Peter couldn't ruin that.

Spooder-Man
Hi, are any of you guys awake? [02:31]

Ah, so it was half two. Now he knew.

Spooder-Man
Oh, sorry, I didn't realise it was so late. If you've seen this, don't worry, go back to sleep. I'm talking to you, Harry. [02:32]

Peter hoped he hadn't woken up either of his friends.

And Gwen. He'd added Gwen to the group chat. He'd forgotten.

(She didn't have a fancy name yet. He doubted that she was going to choose a strange one like the others had.)

Gwen
Hey Peter :) you didn't wake me, what's up?? [02:33]

Peter could tell by the slightly delayed response that she was, in fact, lying to him, but the simple fact that she had tried to make him feel better about it warmed him inside.

But he couldn't bother her. He couldn't bother anyone.

(Breathing was so hard why was breathing so hard?)

He didn't know what to put. His hands shook as he struggled to type, barely typing actual words.

Spooder-Man
Sorry, you can go back to sleep, I'm fine. [02:33]
Nothing to worry about. [02:33]

Thank the lord for autocorrect. Gwen might have noticed something otherwise.

Gwen
Are you mad?? [02:34]
The only time I've seen people use full stops when they're texting is when they're mad [02:33]
Harry does it [02:33]
He's mad at me now [02:34]

SpideySupporter
no I'm not. [02:34]

Gwen
You so are [02:34]

Peter left them to their lovers spat. They would get over it soon. They'd be fine. He was sure of it.

He was considering typing a private message to Ned or one of the Avengers - but no.

He couldn't bother them.

(He need air, he needed air, he needed air so badly, please, please -)

"FRIDAY?" he asked quietly, his voice hoarse. "Could - could you please play some - some videos of me and - and - and W-"

He couldn't say it.

"Of course, Peter. Playing file The-Happy-Times-Are-Over-Now."

And man, did Peter hate the names he gave his files now. Why did he even give that one that name in the first place?