~ Twelve ~

WARNINGS: Mentions a gun and gunshots and very very very slight gore. Like, you know, no eyes, blood dripping, sorry?... I got too into this chapter as you can tell. I'll put a warning if you wanna avoid it :)

It was cold. Curling up against the wall did nothing to help her warm up. Considering the wall was cold as well, she didn't expect it to.

She wasn't entirely sure how long she'd been there, but she did know that she'd tried every possible way of trying to escape. She'd used a hair pin (she always kept them hidden in case a situation warranted one), but it had broken when she tried to unlock the door.

She didn't have any materials so she couldn't make anything to blow the cell door up (yes, she'd tried, it didn't work very well), and asking the guards to leave didn't work well either.

Hey, she figured she'd try everything, right?

Now, she didn't know how long she'd been there for, she hadn't been fed in a while, she hadn't had any water either, and she was cold.

How was it so cold?

She never gave up. She knew that Harry, Ned and Peter would do anything to try and save her. She had faith in them, they would come for her.

She just needed to wait.

~~~

"So, Mysterio, huh?" Peter said after a while. Him, Ned and Harry were in his room, trying to think up of ideas to save Gwen. "How can we get past something like this?"

"It's gonna be tough," Harry spoke as he stared at his hands, "but we need to do something. Maybe we should - I don't really know - send Spider-Man after him or something? We need to find out how this guy acts, and there's really no better way than this, is there?"

"I mean, yeah, that's true," Peter admitted, "but we need to somehow find out more. I can't go into this blind."

"We know he has technology that makes you see illusions," Ned said. "What you really need to do is... Remember that they aren't real. He could show you anything, but you need to remember that they aren't real."

"Of course," Peter nodded. "I doubt the technology will be too good anyway, unless he worked here. I mean, Oscorp has good things as well, Haz, but they don't really specialise in really advanced tech, unless it's a serum or something."

Harry nodded, disliking the small notion to his father, but left it alone.

"I think you should find this guy and get some first-hand knowledge," he put in. "I know it doesn't sound like the best idea, but that's practically the only way you can really find out what he can do."

"I hate to admit it, Pete, but Harry's right," Ned added. "Your own knowledge is pretty reliable, after all..."

"Yeah. Just don't tell Tony about all this, okay?" Peter asked. "He'll stop me, and I need to find out more about this guy before he hurts Gwen."

"Of course," Harry vowed, eyes burning when he remembered what the guy had done to Gwen.

"I'll be here," Ned said, tapping at his com in his ear (they'd managed to learn the design from the Avengers and made their own version).

"I'll see you soon."

Before Peter left, he gave Harry a small nod.

He had promised to get Gwen back for him, and he didn't break promises.

Not anymore.

~~~

When Peter went out as Spider-Man, he always had a purpose.