oo. part one.

TEENAGE NIGHTMARE
PART ONE — SEASON TWO.
THE WALKER CURSE.

            Franny Walker was, more often than not, the butt of everyone's joke, the punchline to their insults, or the chameleon that blended into the lockers

            Franny Walker was, more often than not, the butt of everyone's joke, the punchline to their insults, or the chameleon that blended into the lockers. It wasn't like she was bullied, but she certainly wasn't liked. Her 'goody-two-shoes' attitude that she projected was only meant to keep her from falling into the Walker curse, but it unintentionally pissed everyone at her school off. Her father was well known for being an architect, having built most of the buildings in the small town of Hawkins, Indiana. Her mother, on the other hand, was deemed a crazy woman by the newspapers and thrown into a mental hospital shortly after she insisted that a monster told her she had to kill her children. The eldest Walker, JP, had stopped her moments before she could stab Franny in the chest. So, while people like Steve Harrington and his friends went to parties and got drunk on the weekends, Franny was stuck in the Byers household  every Friday night to get tutored by a young boy named Will.

           JP Walker was of another breed. After having to all but battle his mother to keep her from killing his younger sister, he became numb. He was detached from the real world, unknowingly wallowing in his own self loathing while drinking what was left of his father's liquor cabinet. Whole Franny was being tutored by a preteen, JP was out and about, crashing every party he could find and potentially getting a dozen girls pregnant. He was the talk of the town, the guys either hated him or envied him, and the girls all wanted their chance at him, but he couldn't stand it. He hated the attention he got, he went so far as to tell nearly every person in his class that he hated their guts and thought they were all fake assholes. Unexpectedly, he was applauded before his physics teacher sent him to the principal's office. JP was the center of attention for all the wrong reasons, and he couldn't be more angry about it.

           Charlie Walker was barely able to walk when his mother was sent away, and he only remembered what she looked like because of the few pictures their father had left up around the house. That didn't stop the kids at school from talking about it, though, and he was called things like 'schizo' and 'Charlie Manson'. He pretended that it was okay, though, and never spoke a word about it to his little gang of friends. He also never told any of them about the odd feeling he got in his stomach when Will Byers' face lit up during D&D, making him feel like he needed to throw up and cry and smile all at the same time. However, when Charlie's best friend goes missing and comes back acting weirder than before, the grand conspiracy of Hawkins manages to drag the Walker siblings down with it.

X X X