chapter two.

TEENAGE NIGHTMARE
CHAPTER TWO — PART ONE.
THE NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK.

The next day, JP drove Franny and Charlie to school on his motorcycle

The next day, JP drove Franny and Charlie to school on his motorcycle. It was nice, and it had cost most of JP's life savings, but it was unfortunate for Charlie, who had to ride in a detachable sidecar while Franny sat behind JP. He'd gotten picked on a couple of times by his friends, but it was all in good fun. Mostly. Riding the 'death trap' that Franny often insulted never got any easier, especially not with JP constantly swerving along the roads to scare his younger siblings. They had made it to school in one piece this time, though.

           " Hey, Fran, " JP called, nudging the kickstand our with his boot-clad foot before climbing off to join his sister on the sidewalk; Charlie was muttering about the embarrassment of riding in the sidecar when he struggled to get out of it. Franny looked to her older brother with a raised eyebrow, hands pulling down on the straps of her book bag anxiously. " try to loosen up some, okay? Ever since school started back up, you've been a little. . off. "

          " Well, my only friend is a middle schooler that tutors me. " Franny reminded him with a thin smile, " So, not really all that psyched to be back here. "

          " Robin isn't a middle schooler. " JP pointed out, and Franny rolled her eyes.

          " Robin also only comes to school three days a week and we only talk in English. " She said, and, before JP could say what she had expected him to, she added, " Just because we were in band together doesn't mean we're besties or anything. "

          " Well, then make some friends. " JP stated the idea like it was the easiest thing in the world; she wanted to tell him that he also only had one friend, but, for some odd reason, most of the kids at school still liked JP, even after he announced to them all that they were, collectively, a group of assholes.

         " Right, because everyone wants to be friends with the buzzkill. " Franny said, and JP slung his arm around her shoulders, walking down the sidewalk as Charlie trailed behind them.

         " Nance is a bit of a buzzkill, you two would get along great. " JP insisted, and Franny only scoffed.

         " Where Nancy is, Steve Harrington follows. " She declared, quickly realizing that she was proving her point as the three Walkers began to walk towards the aforementioned couple, who were standing beside Steve's car, hands interlocked with small smiles on their faces.

         " Not Like either of you care, but I'm leaving now. " Charlie suddenly announced, making both of his older siblings look back at him and laugh as he started to walk towards the middle school; at their laughter, the boy held up his middle finger before disappearing from earshot.