chapter thirteen.

TEENAGE NIGHTMARE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN — PART ONE.
THE TUNNELS.

 ( gif by SPDERVERSE )

Charlie had never been one to get carsick, but with the reckless way Joyce was driving, he was beginning to think that would change. He was wedged in between Mike and Will, while Bob sat in the front holding the map in front of him, trying to direct Joyce to the mark on the paper. Joseph had opted to driving his own car behind them, headlights gleaming in the darkness as he followed their trail. Mike had left his walkie with Joseph, the trio of boys having Will's to alert him of any changes.

" There's nothing, there's nothing here! " Mike insisted, and Charlie looked out the window to see that he was right, as usual. It was pitch black out, making it hard to see anything if it even was there, but Charlie realized that they were just driving down an empty backroad through nothing but trees and open fields.

" Are-are we close? " Joyce asked, briefly glancing over at Bob, who attempted to straighten the map further.

" We're in the vicinity. "

" What does that mean— the vicinity? "

" It-it means we're close, I don't know, it's not precise— " While the couple bantered back and forth, Charlie and Mike both glanced over to see Will's eyes closed, a look of concentration on his face.

" We did all that work— "

" TURN RIGHT! " Will suddenly ordered, making everyone's heads snap to look at him as his eyes flew open, hands reaching out to grip the back of Bob's seat.

" What? " Joyce asked, and Will tapped his hand impatiently against the seat.

" I saw him. "

" Where? "

" Not here, in my Now memories! " Will insisted, and Bob instantly looked confused, looking at Will through the rear view mirror as he questioned what he said; Will didn't bother trying to explain, instead repeating, " Turn right! "

Joyce didn't need to be told a third time, and she abruptly swerved off the road, driving into an open field that broke within the line of trees. Charlie turned around to see his father quickly follow their move, albeit a bit reluctantly. Everyone in the car started screaming as the lights shone on Hopper's truck ahead of them, the brakes squealing as Joyce slammed her foot on it. The came to a screeching stop just a foot short from crashing into Hopper's vehicle. They quickly recovered, heavy pants filling the car as Joyce turned around to look at the trio of boys.