chapter seventeen.

TEENAGE NIGHTMARE
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN — PART ONE.
THE SPY II.

            The odd group of Franny, Steve, Dustin, Lucas and Max finally reached the edge of the woods after spending several minutes in dread-filled silence, which was broken every now and then when someone would comment something out of the blu...

The odd group of Franny, Steve, Dustin, Lucas and Max finally reached the edge of the woods after spending several minutes in dread-filled silence, which was broken every now and then when someone would comment something out of the blue to try and ease the atmosphere. They were approaching Hawkins Lab, which looked much more menacing up close, and the first thing Franny noticed was that the lights had gone out, leaving the building in pitch black. The second thing she saw was a car parked near the front gate, headlights still on as they shined brightly on the silver fencing.

Franny nudged Steve, and he seemed to pick up what she was saying rather quickly, adjusting his grip on the bat as the two of them walked towards the car cautiously. The trio of kids strayed behind them, but they were close enough to acknowledge the car as well. As they approached the car, a voice called out, making both of the teens jump.

" Hello? " It sounded familiar, light and feminine, " Who's there?! "

" As if they're actually going to answer that. " Another voice scoffed in a raspy tone, and Franny scrunched her nose as she realized that she definitely knew that voice. " You act like you've never watched a horror movie, Nance. "

The voices sounded close, so Franny turned wildly in their direction and flashed her light over three figures that appeared from the shadows of the night. The tallest one, which stood in the middle, lifted a lengthy arm to cover their face as they shouted, " Shit! Get that fucking thing out of my face! "

The girl blinked and nearly stumbled back, lowering her flashlight as she bumped into Steve, who grabbed her elbow lightly. As the figures came closer, they were able to make out the familiar faces of Jonathan Byers, Nancy Wheeler, and the lanky one that made Franny's heart drop to her stomach.

" JP? " She asked in a hushed voice, Steve dropping his hand to his side as the siblings stared at each other, only mildly surprised to see one another wrapped up in their sticky situation.

" Fran. . " The blond boy said aloud, looking as if she was a ghost in front of him. Without another word, the girl slammed forward into his body and wrapped her arms around him tightly; she felt his muscles tense before quickly relaxing when he returned the long awaited embrace. The older Walker closed his eyes as his sister held onto him like she would never see him again, and he asked, " What the hell are you doing here? "

" It's kind of a long story. " She admitted with a small laugh as she pulled away from him, JP's hands grasping at her arms as he looked down at her in concern; she nodded towards Nancy and Jonathan, who had already made their awkward introductions with Steve. " What about you? "