^ Chapter 4 ^

2 Weeks Later

It had been two weeks since the incident with Nico and two weeks since he had his wound split opened. His recovery was rather long, but he was glad to actually be alive at least. It was annoying  being trapped in the infirmary without any outside contact. Dr. Otogi was at least nice enough to help him out in any way he could, he was a silent man, but a good one. Zack was still happy to leave, he would be back tomorrow to change the bandages anyways. Better to be clean than comfortable. 

Zack was finally out of infirmary, walking out on his own down the long corridor. He was thinking to himself, 'Oh man, Ray would probably kill me  if she found out about this...'  Zack's hand unconsciously went to his wound in response to the thought. 'Wonder how she's doing right now, if she's even alive, please stay alive a little longer Ray.'  

Behind Zack was Jyugo and his pals. Zack had to admit something was off about the one with black hair and those heterochromatic eyes of his. Something was different, it separated him from the rest of those colorful individuals. Just what the hell was going through that kid's mind?

Jyugo was walking behind him, a bit closer than the others as he'd wanted to make sure he'd be fine. Plus, he was rather aware that Zack seemed more comfortable around him despite never admitting it. As he was walking he noticed Zack pause in the middle of the hallway and he blinked, curious of why he'd stopped. Not much long after, he walked up behind the male and he peeked over to the front of him, wanting to see his face and make sure he was fine but he seemed spaced out. "Hey Zac--" He went to get his attention when a fist was brought straight into his face sending him flying back a few feet, and startled sound erupted from the killer almost when it happened, his eyes wide and slightly panicked before he realized what he'd done.

Now on the floor, Jyugo sat up and softly groaned, rubbing his cheek where the others fist made impact. Looking up, he sighed seeing Zack's expression, now knowing he'd startled him by mistake somehow. Zack glared, his eye softly twitching now as he began walking over, "Oi, shackle boy, what the fuck were you doing so close to me just now?!" He questioned, seeming to blow over the fact he'd not only punched him but sent him flying. 

"I was only trying to see if you were okay!" Jyugo rubbed his face in irritation, that was certainly going to leave a mark. "Didn't have to hit me in the face." 

"Well I'm sooooo sorry for hitting you when you snuck up on me!" Zack rolled his eyes sarcastically. "Next time don't sneak up on me like that fuckface!"  

Jyugo only shook his head and continued to nurse the growing lump on the side of his head. 

"Hey what the hell man?!" A voice shouted at end of the corridor, Uno, Rock, and Nico appeared running to their friend.

"Oi! Jyugo! What the hell just happened?! I saw you go flying into the wall! Did that bastard hurt you badly?! Do I need to teach him a less-" Jyugo put his free hand on Uno's shoulder. 

"I'm fine Uno, it was just an accident." Jyugo smiled in response to assure his friend  everything was ok. "I scared Zack by accident."

"Was that true Issac?" Nico spoke up, he was scared of what Uno assumed to be true. He didn't want Zack to be more hurt than he already was. 

"Yeah sure it was," Zack dismissed them with his hand. "Now leave me the fuck alone! Maybe than your little friend here wouldn't get his fucking ass kicked by me!" 

Zack shook his head and walked away, shoving his hands into his favorite hoodie hoping to escape his cellmates just for a while. As Zack walked, the thoughts of Ray began flooding his mind once more and he gave a deep sigh, his hand moving to the wound on his stomach once more as he soon quietly cursed to himself. He knew he was reckless, but he never wanted to disappoint that little girl despite knowing he tended too.