Arrival

The Planet Alentia

Earth date: Saturday-10:15 pm; 2043.

Local date: Surday the 7th day of Limter in the years of Sorrow 1276

The Island of Halilintar

An Eastern beach: Surday: The hour of the Bat

Just offshore phosphorescent plankton was in full bloom shimmering in the moonlight as the high tide waves broke against the shore. On shore, wading in the sea, near wave break, a hungry Larger Dark Wolf with glowing red eyes was diligently scavenging the area looking for food.

Unexpectedly, the semi darkness was suddenly broken as a bright light unexpectedly exploded from the small pulsating stone on the nearby shoreline, momentarily blinding the Larger Dark Wolf

Hastily fled the beach as it howled in pain the Larger Dark Wolf ran, hiding in the nearby undergrowth, watching, as the light on the beach slowly faded, leaving behind the slowly materialising body of a Menaforman warrior.

Smelling something interesting on the breeze, the Larger Dark Wolf hunger finally got the better of it, overcoming its fear as it venturing out onto the beach where it began tentatively sniffing, then nuzzled the source of the interesting smells that was still materialising. 

The smells and its hunger finally won out over its fear and the Larger Dark Wolf bit down on a piece of leg, that had fully materialized on the sands.

Tearing of a strip of meat with its teeth, the Larger Dark Wolf suddenly began howling in pain as it swallowed the flesh. Blood dripping from its mouth, the Larger Dark Wolf fled the beach, never to return as, unexpectedly the flesh on wounded warriors damaged leg began reforming.

Three and a half Candles later: The waning hour of the Beetle

 As the last waves of the high tide retreated, the first rays of the morning's sunlight began intermittently heating the beaches cold golden sands on the eastern most shore on the island of Halilintar. Half a candle later, as the sunlight slowly crawled across the sands, heading up towards the surrounding forests, it eventually struck the warm, fully materialised, breathing body of a Menaforman warrior.

*

Writhing in pain Mitsuyo's unconscious twisted and turn strangely in the mornings light as it streamed in through the overhead trees striking his face contorted just as the smell of the morning's sea breeze hit his nose, and the cold feel of sand and stone under his body arrived in his paralysed brain. Silently screaming Mitsuyo's body finally contorted into a foetal position as it began slowly changing in the sunlight from that of the Menaforman warrior to that of a dark wolf.

First his limbs changed to paws, then his main body to one of fur and muscles, then, finally his head morphed to that of a wolf with a long snout and sharp canine teeth. Transition complete Mitsuyo's body spasmed one final time, crushing the now dormant summoning stone beneath into dust.

One candle later: The hour of the Cat

Cold, Mitsuyo finally woke as the mornings light stream in through the overhead trees across his face, and the smells of the sea once again assaulted his nose.

'Why am I cold and why does my room smell of the sea.' Mitsuyo thought to himself as he yawning lazily slowly opening his eyes.

His eyes fully open, his brain now fully engaged, he began panicking.

'Why where the colours of everything he was seeing so vivid, and why was he laying on sand and, more importantly, just where was his computer?'

That's when Mitsuyo noticed the paws lying just inside his vision on his right and left sides.