Chapter 2

Third-person POV:

Third-person POV:

"The Cancers," a mafia that started years ago with two families running it alongside, While one was away, Killian Knight, heir of the Knights, looked after it.

Just the name made people shiver in fear. A 28-year-old who flourished in the mafia but alongside built an empire for himself and his future queen.

A car screeched and stopped outside the Knight mansion. black, sleek shoes came into view. He walked into the mansion, into the kitchen, and looked at his parents chatting and having lunch. His heart content.

Clearing his throat, he moved towards them, settling beside the head chair. His mother gave his cheek a gentle pat, gazing lovingly at him. Surprisingly, his dad smiled too.

"Oggi ceniamo con gli Arben, non andare nel tuo attico0" (We have a dinner with the Arbens today; don't go to your penthouse)

His mother mumbled while glaring at him, making the father-son duo laugh heartily—who knew the cold man could laugh, let alone smile?

"You remember the Arbens, right?They have shifted here permanently and have invited us for a dinner," giving him a nod, he said, "Verrò dall'attico, ho un po' di lavoro da completare, tornerò presto", (I'll come from the penthouse; I have a bit of work to complete; I'll be back soon) and with that he left the house.

The black Mercedes moved towards the forest, towards an old warehouse. He walked into the warehouse, meeting a series of acknowledgements. Walking into the cellar underground, he sat on the seat.

Before him was a man tied to the wall and brutally beaten, with blood trickling down his chin.

"Tell me, Rodriguez, what you thought  sending your daughter to seduce me and mixing some merda nel mio drink, mi avrai nelle tue mani? fottutamente patetica vita bassa. (shit in my drink, you will have me in your hands? (fucking pathetic low life)

Taking out his gun, he shot right in the head, earning a scream from a girl beside him. Looking at her father's dead body, her eyes widened, fear swirling in them, and she tried to squeeze back into the wall, wanting it to swallow her. What she didn't know was that she had invited her own death.

" I.. am so.so.s.. sorry Killian. I..I.. won't do som..something like that again," she spoke in trembling. Killian kept a blank face, showing no mercy.

"Certo che non farai." A loud bang echoed through the cellar. (Of course, you won't.)

Reaching his penthouse, Killian showered and changed into black formal trousers and a black shirt. He drove toward his parents' house.

" pensavo ti fossi dimenticato," ( I thought you forgot," he was met with a scowl on his mother's face. "I apologize, your highness," bowing down a bit, he looked up to see his father stifling a laugh, which was unfortunately seen by his wife, who smacked him on his arm with her hand.