Chapter 9

Third person's pov

Third person's pov

Tiny feet and soft footsteps could be heard pattering against the wooden floor of the living room. A soft giggle would resound throughout the room from time to time. Ellie ran to the corner of the living room and sprawled on the white fur carpet. The soft yellow light from the lamp made her face glow.

Who knew what was going on in her mind?

Eleonora and Camilla sat on the sofas, crocheting sweaters for the winter. The nights were starting to get colder, and the mornings were chilly. Seeing Ellie sprawled on the floor wearing just a light blue sweater dress, Eleonora chuckled and called her out. "Ellie? Verresti qui per un secondo?", (Would you come here for a second?) Listening to her mother's voice, Ellie ran to her and climbed onto her lap, seating herself. She hugged her mother, her legs on either side, one hand playing with her mother's soft blonde curls, which matched hers.

"Mammina", (Mommy) Ellie said generally, was more interested in playing with her mother's hair. Feeling something soft touch her feet, she glanced at them, finding a pair of soft blue knitted socks, with a white heart on each. She stared at them in awe and smiled brightly looking at her mother, pecking on her cheeks. Her mother held her by her sides and removed the rogue curls away from her eyes all while smiling softly. While Camilla lovingly watched the scene before her, adoring the two.

Soon after, the whole mansion knew about Ellie's new socks. The staff, Kevin, Ilaria, her father, and her uncle. However, this one person was still missing. Ellie waited patiently for Killian to come, she sat on her mother's lap who sat near the fireplace as all the family members conversed about the day whereas Ilaria and Kevin played with their toys.

Camilla noticed a gloomy Ellie and called her. Lifting her up, she settled Ellie on her lap. Facing her aunt completely, Ellie slumped against Camilla. A small pout forming on her face."Perché sei triste da quella sera Tesoro?" (why are you sad since the evening darling?), Ellie's eyes glistened with tears." Kian no ancoi casa, ZiaCamima ", (Killian's not home yet Aunty Camilla) she whined and threw her head back so that she could see Camilla's face and stretched her hands, telling her how big the matter was. Chuckling she was about to reply when they heard ,"Mi piacciono molto i tuoi calzini Bella ragazza", (I like your socks, pretty girl).

A shocked Ellie snapped her head in the direction of the voice. She was very happy to see him, but she huffed and looked the other way, making others chuckle at her antics. Smiling, Killian walked towards her with an ice cream tub in his hand. "Bene? se le persone non preferiscono parlare con me, avrò questo gelato da solo." (okay? if people don't prefer talking to me, I shall have this ice cream alone).

Scrunching her face up, she pondered over the fact that if she didn't have ice cream she would be "ice cream less". Accepting the defeat Ellie threw a tantrum about how bad he was as she kept waiting for him to show him, her new socks and how he also dared to eat his ice cream. As the night passed Killian tried to coddle his Angel.