Chapter 11

Past

Past

Third person's pov

Camila and Eleonora sat in the living room, chatting, while a three-year-old Ellie sat beside her "mummy," wearing a white ruffle romper, waiting patiently for Killian to come back from school to show him her new romper.

She would place her tiny palms on her mother's arm after every five minutes and babble, trying to ask, "How much more time until Killian arrives?", Her mother would smile and peck her forehead while Camila would chuckle at her antics.

Soon they heard the doorbell ring, earning a shriek from the two-year-old, "MUMIII," showing how excited she is to meet her friend, and she wanted to be put down on the floor.

Eleonora smiled softly, picking up little Ellie and placing her on the ground. Running four steps hurriedly, her pigtails bounced when she tripped, but no obstacle could stop her from running.

She got up again and ran to the door when a grumping Killian entered the living room himself, but soon the frown was replaced with a bright smile. Putting her bag down, he pulled Ellie up and showered a thousand kisses on her face, earning a giggle every time.

"Vai a cambiarti, Killian. Si è appena fatta una doccia e tu sei sporco," (Go, change your clothes, Killian. She just took a shower and you are dirty), Camila scolded him, and he gloomily put her down on the sofa again.

"Tu aspetta qui, io tornerò", (You wait here, I will just come back), Killian said to Ellie, who nodded in return as if she understood everything he said.

"MUMIII...Kian," Ellie's baby voice resounded in the room. Her way of telling Killian made her sit here.

"Sì, Tesoro, tornerà presto. È andato a fare una doccia", (Yes, sweetheart, he will be back soon. He has gone to take a shower), Eleonora explained to Ellie who scrunched her nose up, "Kian. Tch...tch", making everyone laugh.

After lunch, everyone went to their respective rooms, however, Killian sat on the sofa watching the little girl babble. She then stood up and showed him her dress, saying, "Mumiii, Ellie", trying telling him her mummy dressed her up in the dress.

Killian smiled and pulled her up in his lap, setting her down and opening the princess storybook. As he read her the book, her eyes gradually started to close. Reaching the end of the book, she noticed how the prince and princess ended up marrying and living happily ever after.

She drowsily asked "Kian...Princes?".

"Sì ed Ellie è la mia Principessa", (Yes and Ellie is my princess), he said placing a kiss on her forehead.

*** Present ***

Ellie's pov

It was almost 9 in the morning when I woke up.