Chapter 12

Flashback

Flashback

Four-year-old Ellie was running all around the house, with Eleonora running after her. "Nooooooo... MUMIIIII", she screamed as she ran through the hallway, past everyone's door, who was getting dressed up for the day. "Fermati lì, Ellie Reed Arben. This girl is going to give me white hair earlier than I thought", (Stop right there Ellie Reed Arben), Eleonora shouted and then mumbled to herself. However, Ellie, being a very spoiled child, didn't care what her mother was saying and kept running.

Today was the first day of preschool, and Ellie had no plans to attend it. It took Eleonora forever to convince her husband, Riccardo, and now his spoiled daughter does not want to go to school. Sighing, Eleonora chose not to run anymore and simply walked in Ellie's direction. She climbed down the stairs and asked every staff member if they had seen Ellie; however, everyone was clueless.

Little Ellie stopped by Killian's room and peeked inside, finding a slight light peeking from behind the curtains. No matter how much she was scared of the dark, however, it was Killian's room. And not wanting to go to some random place, which her mother was very keen to send her, she stepped inside. Too tired to snoop around, she climbed the bed, which was a little difficult; her being short never helped her. After a couple of tries, suddenly she felt two arms wrapping around her waist, causing Ellie to gasp in surprise.

Killian, who was sick and was not going to attend school, woke up when the door to his room opened. Seeing the silhouette of little Ellie, who had her hair in two messy pigtails, his eyes widened. Seeing Ellie try to climb his bed, he stifled a laugh and wrapped his hands around her waist, pulling her up. He brought her close to him, laying her beside him. Ellie sighed in contentment and snuggled close to him.

After a few minutes, there was a knock on the door. Sighing, Killian looked at a sleeping Ellie, now snuggling her bear stuffy. He got up and opened the door. "Lei è qui, vero?", (She is here, isn't she?) Eleonora asked a sleepy Killian. Nodding his head, he opened the door to show a sleeping Ellie, drooling over the stuff toy.

Chuckling, Eleonora ruffled his hair and shook her head. "Poi tornare a dormer", (You can go back to sleep), she said, kissing his forehead and walking back. And that's how she skipped school for two weeks as Killian was reluctant to let her go; however, Eleonora fought Riccardo, and finally coming to the conclusion that Ellie needed to be independent one day, he agreed.

flashback over

Ellie's pov

The ride to the cafe consisted of me humming along to the song that was playing and Killian drumming fingers at the back of my hand that lay in his lap. When we reached the cafe, it was very cozy and small.

Not congested. Very pretty.

The exterior was white; it had plants placed outside the door and a glass wall that showed the inside. There was another floor as well; it had a cute balcony with plants hanging.

Killian held my hand in his, and we walked inside. His hands were warm, and I could keep him as my teddy bear. The interior of the cafe was brown and white, white for the walls and brown for the wood. It had a sweet and bitter aroma. The coffee and the cakes

So peaceful. So yummy.

We ordered a cinnamon roll; they had them in a big size. I could eat them all day. A chocolate milkshake, and Killian ordered a black coffee.

Very bitter.

We sat down near the window; the weather outside was very pretty. It could rain anytime. Or maybe snow.

"Bambino Piccolo", (Little Baby), Killian called me out, and I turned to look at him. Too pretty.

From my experience, Killian, my sweetheart, doesn't talk much. And that is why we didn't talk the whole time. After breakfast, we walked back to the car when an excited Ilarie showed up. "Brother!", she exclaimed as she tackled me in a hug.

"Ilarie", I squealed and hugged her back. I looked over to Killian sweetheart, who still held my hand and pulled me back to him. "Leave my woman alone".

"I am taking her to get a dress for the party,", Ilarie whined, stomping her feet.

Hihi, Ilarie is a kid.

"We already have one; now leave, and how did you even know where we are?", Killian's sweetheart asked while shooing Ilarie, who looked as if someone kicked her puppy. Poor puppy. "But I was supposed to do that! Anddd... I have my ways", Ilarie whined yet again and smiled creepily.

"Dio! Dove cazzo è Kevin?" (God! Where the fuck is Kevin? Killian's sweetheart cursed I snapped my head toward him and looked at him with a frown. "You cursed again", I pointed out.

"Bambino piccolo" (Little baby) Killian sweetheart sighed and looked behind Ilaria.

Oh! Boba is here.

Before I could wave at him, my world turned upside down. Why is everything upside down? "Brother! It is our girls' day out!", I could hear Ilarie whining again. Giggling, I swayed from right to left and from left to right.

It was fun until it wasn't.

My world suddenly turned back to normal; nothing was upside down now, and I was sitting in the car. Killian's sweetheart had placed me on his lap.

"I think I feel sick", I said, covering my mouth; however, I rested my head on Killian sweetheart's shoulder.

He brought his warm hand to my back, caressing it lightly. "Scusa, piccolo bambino", (Sorry, Little Baby) he whispered in my ear.

"Is okay", I whispered back. My head, on the other hand, was all fuzzy, fuzzy, fuzzy. "I want to sleep", I whispered, and before I could climb from his lap, he brought the seatbelt on us and pulled me closer until my head was resting on his shoulder. "Sleep".

And as the drive started, I slowly dozed off.

***********

Third person's pov

Throughout the ride, Killian would look down at the sleeping little girl, who kept snuggling into him. He couldn't help but feel at peace. This is what he always dreamed of.

And now he couldn't wait for Saturday.

************
Hey lovelies!

The author apologizes. I had some family emergency and I couldn't update. But I will try to update three chapters a week or maybe two.

Killian : The Author is lethargic piece of ....
Ellie : To the swear jar Killian sweetheart.
Killian : But I didn't even say the word!
Ellie : You we're about to. Now go. (She says pushing him toward the jar which was already full)
Author : (gives a cunning smile looking at Killian who gave a death glare in return)

Hope you enjoy.
Take care and Byeee.