21

avery was curled up on her couch with her phone in front of her face as she watched brennen's story that was constantly being updated with videos of colby

avery was curled up on her couch with her phone in front of her face as she watched brennen's story that was constantly being updated with videos of colby. colby didn't want to be involved, but brennen convinced him that he had to show avery that he was better off without her.

it started off with colby harmlessly taking shots, but as his story went on and avery continued to hurt herself by watching it, colby's mouth soon ended up on the body of the brunette girl from a few months ago with brennen shouting body shots in the back.

avery locked her phone and frowned and she probably would've cried if she had any more tears left.

colby was sat on the couch at some large house and he would rather be sitting on avery's and his heart broke at the thought. tara stormed over to him, her arms crossed and a scowl on her face as she stared down at the boy. jake was close behind, calling after her to not cause a scene.

"i cannot believe you," tara's voice was loud but the music was louder. colby's shoulders slouched at her words and he hated himself. "you are such a fucking asshole, i literally can't believe you."

"tara," jake whispered and he grabbed her shoulder lightly, but she shrugged him off.

"you never deserved her," tara told colby and it went straight to his heart, "she was always way too good for you and i'll never understand why she waited around months for someone like you."

"tara, let's go," jake gripped her wrist and pulled her towards him and he shot colby an apologetic look before they walked off. tara didn't feel bad and colby knew that everything she said was true, which only made him feel worse.

"hi, colby," the girl's voice was low and seductive and she had her bottom lip between her teeth and she was pretty, but she wasn't avery so he didn't care. he didn't respond because it wasn't his idea to do a body shot off of her so he didn't feel obligated to reciprocate anything else with her.

she rolled her eyes before stomping away and trying to hit on some other boy who was glad to have her attention. the only attention colby wanted on him was avery's because he missed her and he should've stayed home with her instead of starting a fight. colby would always rather stay and lay in bed with her for the night, but he also had his reputation to hold and he didn't want it to turn into him being whipped.

he debated on texting her, but decided against it and trudged to the bathroom where he stared at himself in the mirror. he let his hands slide over his face and the coldness of his rings against his skin was the only thing that made him feel less numb. he picked out his flaws like avery had at the one party just a few weeks ago, but she wasn't here to reassure him.

his eyes were droopy and the bags under them were dark and sickening. he looked awful and he felt worse. if he weren't so drunk, he would've driven to her apartment and apologized until she took him back, but tara's words replayed in his head and he knew he couldn't.

he swung the bathroom door open and went back to the kitchen where brennen was waiting with his phone out. he shoved a juul in colby's hands and told him to blow o's for his fans. he knew it would be all over twitter in the morning with accounts talking about how goofy he looked and some saying he was hot when he did it.

all he could think about when he blew the smoke from his mouth was how avery was in his car attempting to do the same thing just six days ago. he wondered how he could've messed something so good up that quick.

"you good?" brennen asked even though he couldn't care less and moved on to film someone else as soon as colby nodded.

he could hear jake calling after him as he stumbled out of the house, but he kept walking and pulled on his door handle only to remember that sam had taken his keys before he left so he wouldn't be able to drunkenly drive to avery's.

colby felt around for his phone before finding it in one of his front pockets and he dialed sam's number.

"hello?" sam's voice was tired and colby almost felt bad but he had to leave. when colby didn't respond, sam worriedly went on, "colby, are you okay?"

"can you come get it?" his words were slurred together and he was too drunk.

"get what?"

"me," colby mumbled, his blue eyes watching the stars like avery would always drag him out to do. "i meant, can you come get me?"

"i'll be there soon," colby could hear sam shuffling around and then the line clicked and colby kept the phone up to his ear like someone was still there.

colby sat down next to his car and picked at his chipped nail polish as he waited for sam to pull in. the low rumble of an engine caused colby to stand up and he almost fell back down but he used his side mirror to keep him steady.

"oh, colby," sam muttered, grabbing hold of him to help him to the passenger's side of his car. colby was no doubt a sad mess and his appearance told everyone that.

"can you take me to avery's?" colby watched the blurry surroundings pass as sam drove. sam responded with a quick no because he was prepared for that question and knew that colby would want to go directly to avery's. "you need to clean yourself up and figure shit out before you see her."

colby had a lot to figure out.