22

i don't like this chapter but oh well

avery had done her best to avoid colby and ignore the drunk texts he would occasionally send her

avery had done her best to avoid colby and ignore the drunk texts he would occasionally send her. she never went to parties when she knew that he would be there because she didn't think she'd be able to handle the sight of him.

she was sitting on her bathroom sink as she skillfully applied eyeliner and then she flicked her hair over her shoulder and decided she looked good enough. she had put on the orange top and black jeans that she bought a few weeks ago at the mall and then she called tara and said she was ready.

kat was their designated driver for the night because her and sam were going out to eat while everyone was at the party. avery forgot that everyone included colby.

"you look hot," tara grinned as avery climbed into the back of the car. she thanked her and returned the compliment before falling quiet for the rest of the drive.

she forgot who's party it was because she wasn't paying attention when devyn called her to see if she wanted to go.

she strolled into the house and took in just how many people were there and her eyes widened when she saw david dobrik vlogging.

"you should do something crazy for his vlog," tara giggled as both of their eyes followed him throughout the foyer of the large house.

"like what?" she asked and tara shrugged before bouncing off to find jake. avery frowned and wandered towards the kitchen to find a drink. it was too loud and she regretted coming.

she made her way to where the majority of people were gathered and she found tara who was doing shots. people instantly started chanting when avery walked up to her and she was suddenly dragged into it. they soon had the two competing to see who could take more in a row. tara tapped out at seven and avery finished at nine.

"avery, right?" she spun around and was greeted with a blond haired boy. she furrowed her eyebrows because she recognized him from somewhere and it took a moment for her to realize it was durte dom.

"yeah," she replied and it was clear that she wasn't interested.

"you look hot," he smirked and bent down a little so they were at the same height. avery took a step back and rolled her eyes, but dom didn't think much of it and followed her as she walked away. "what do ya say we head upstairs?"

"i'm fine," but his hand still gripped her wrist and now they were alone in the hallway. "no."

"hey, dom," david called out, his camera in hand because he didn't know dom was actually bothering her and he thought he could get some good content. "who is this?"

"avery, but you can call her my girl for the night," he grinned, bending down to peck her cheek. avery's face scrunched up in disgust and she vigorously shook her head in disagreement.

"can you please just leave me alone," the alcohol began to hit and she frowned and wished she could disappear. she didn't want to be in david's vlog for this reason and she wanted to be as far away from dom as she could.

more people began to surround them because they noticed david was vlogging and they were all hungry for a chance to be in his video. colby followed the commotion, but he instantly saw the look of discomfort on avery's face and grew angry. he clenched the plastic cup that was in his hand and some of the liquid flooded over the rim and dropped onto the floor below him.

"okay," david's voice was soft, but his camera was still focused on the pair. "let her be."

"nah," the right side of dom's mouth curved upward and he slung an arm around her shoulder before pulling her body against his. his next words were stern and it was clear that he was set on getting her, "my girl for the night."

avery began to struggle in his grip and david was about to shove him away, but colby was quicker and suddenly dom's back was pressed up against the fridge with colby pinning him there.

"your girl for the night, yeah?" his voice was deep and angry and fear flashed across dom's face, but he quickly hid it and a smug look took over.

"last time i checked, you two broke up," dom was playing it cool and he wasn't expecting colby to actually do anything about it. "so who says she's not mine?"

"you're disgusting," colby spat and before dom had a chance to get anything else out, colby's fist connected with the boy's cheek.