D-Day

September 25, 2018

~Jisoo

"You're safe now." I smiled to him sincerely looking at his eyes as he said those words.

"Just kidding. You're still in trouble." My smile instantly fades when he started laughing at me. My breaths started to get heavy as I feel disappointment. I heard his laughter sorrounding all over me as if it's the only sound that I hear.

"Don't laugh. You are so mean! I hate you!"
I woke up to myself shouting those words like I was really talking to him. I was catching my breaths realizing it was all just a dream. Thankfully. What the hell? Even on my dreams he still played pranks on me. I exhaled deeply trying to calm myself. Aiisshh... what did that jerk do to me?

I put both of my palm to my face as I heaved a sigh. Even my dream says that I had no chance on him. What a pity to you Kim Jisoo.

"I don't like her anyway." Those words of him keep playing on my head like a broken recorder. You heard him Jisoo-yah, he doesn't like you so you better stop. Don't get hurt again.

I streched my body wanting to release all the stress. Finally, long break is starting. After having those busy months, I finally get to relax and visit my family though it'll be only for two weeks. Just like a usual morning routine, I get up from my bed and check myself on the mirror. I looked down to the table beside it and saw the letter that Suho gave me. I was too tired last night that even though I'm curious, I didn't get to read this but sleep. I pick it up and started opening it, it has the same scent like what I used to smell from him a long time ago.

"Firts of all, I wanted to say sorry for just expressing myself through a letter only but If I have enough courage, I'll be able to say it to you personally."
I smiled as I remember how awkward we both look when he was handling me a letter. Well of course it's awkward, we're kinda like friends before tragic fate happens.

"It's been years since the last time we talk to each other that I feel like I didn't know how to approach you anymore. It's been years but strangely my feelings are still the same."
I smiled a little after reading that, he usually gives compliment to me but I didn't know he has a feelings for me. I was too focused on being able to debut that I barely notice everything that surrounds me, except for the girls.

"Halmuni told me that it's best to write a letter using a traditional paper. Even if it's hard, I tried making it, it's actually my first time sending a letter to a girl, I feel happy. I know things have changed, I don't know if this time you'd still ignore me but it doesn't matter. I wanted to show my sincere feelings for you. I didn't know if I had the chance, it's only you who can tell but I hope we could get along and hang out again. I wish you all the best and goodluck to your future. Hwaiting!" After reading his letter, there was a feeling of nostalgic. I don't know, it just feels like that. We were really friends back then, but all of a sudden there was no friendship anymore.

I narrowed my forehead as I realized something, the note that was sent to Lisa was also using a traditional paper. Did he sent that to Lisa? What am I talking about? He said it's his first time making it and sending a letter, and the hand writing is also different.

"Yah. unnie." I was a bit startled when Jen suddenly called me. I immediately hid the letter behind my back as I look at her smiling hopefully not awkward.

"What is it? Are you hiding something?" She asked with her teasing tone.

"Aniyo." I said trying to act normal.

"Yah unnie, don't lie to me. I could see it in the mirror." She said with a chuckle while walking near me. I sighed and eventually laugh with her.

"Who send that? Wait is that traditional paper?" She asked curiously looking at the letter carefully.