Episode/Chapter 5: The Return

Episode 5: The Return

AT CLEO'S HOUSE: Cleo, Rikki, and Bella are in Cleo's  room sitting on her bed watching a movie. Bella asks about Rikki and Cleo's  relationships. They get in to a lengthy  conversation, but are eventually interrupted by Kim. Kim walks by Cleo's room and stops in the door frame. "Cleo, you and Lewis are never going to last." Rikki pauses the tv and glares at Kim. "This is none of your business." Kim ignores Rikki. "Dad wants to know if Rikki and Bella are staying for dinner?" Cleo rolls her eyes and gives Kim an answer. "We are going to the cafe after this movie is over." Then Kim nods and leaves.

AT THE PARTY AT CAFE: Bella is on stage singing and she suddenly messes up because the mermaid she saw a few days ago walked into the cafe and is now talking to Cleo and Rikki near the  juice bar. Eventually, when Bella's done singing, she runs to Cleo and Rikki and pulls them into the office leaving Emma standing alone. Bella quickly tells them that the mermaid she saw a few days ago is the girl they were talking to. And Cleo and Rikki look relieved that it was just Emma. Bella asks,"Why don't you guys look surprised?" And Cleo says, "Because that's our friend Emma who we have talked about before." Bella says in shock. "What!?" She then lowers her voice and answers. "When you talked about Emma, you failed to mention that she was a mermaid." Rikki responds. "Yeah we did. But we didn't expect you to run into her while you were swimming." Bella looks at Rikki and Cleo and asks. "Okay. But why didn't you guys say that the mermaid I saw was Emma, if you knew she was also a mermaid?" Cleo answers Bella's question in a polite tone. "We didn't tell you because we didn't know Emma dyed her hair and got a nice tan. She had blonde hair the last time we seen her." Bella says in relief. "Oh okay. Sorry I was upset about it." Cleo says to Bella. "It's okay Bella. I understand." Then Rikki tells Bella. "Now lets go and introduce you two." Cleo and Rikki introduce Bella to Emma and tell Bella that Emma is also a mermaid. Emma says "ALSO a Mermaid?" And Cleo says "Yeah. That's what we said. Bella is also a mermaid." Emma looks shocked and says. "I know because I saw her a few days ago while I was heading toward Mako. She better not be a loose cannon like Charlotte." Then she walks away to get a drink. Then Bella and Cleo walk to a table near the cool room, while Rikki walks to the office to talk to Zane. Shortly after Rikki goes into the office; Lewis, Will, and Ash walk into the cafe and stop to talk to the band. Bella is the first to realize the guys walked in and says to Cleo, "The guys are here now." She nods toward the guys and says. "Who's he?" Cleo looks at the guys and answers. "That's Ash Dove, Emma's boyfriend. He also know we are mermaids." Bella looks shocked and says. "So I guess it's just boyfriends who knows we all are mermaids?" Emma walks to Bella and Cleo and sits next to Cleo on the right side of the booth. "Well my parents and brother know, but other than that. Yes it's just boyfriends." Cleo says. "Ummmm. Dr. Denman, Max Hamilton, Ms. Chatham, Zane's dad, Sophie, and Ryan." Emma says. "That much people know we are mermaids?" Rikki walks up to the girls. "Yes that much people know Emma." Emma looks really shocked and says. "Sophie Benjamin, Will's sister who mined  the Moon Pool and threatened to expose us." Emma looks at Will, who is walking toward the girls with Lewis and Ash. "Really?" Will says. "So you must be Emma?" Emma nods. And Will continues, "It's nice to finally meet you." Emma says. "Wish I could say the same thing to you." Cleo says shocked and mad. "Emma! It wasn't his fault his sister mined the Moon Pool twice, tried to break Rikki and Zane up, sabotaged Bella's chance at working at the cafe, and threatened to expose us." Emma's eyes become wide open and says. "What!? She has done all that stuff!?" Zane then walks up toward the girls and he and Lewis nod their heads. Will apologizes to the girls. "Again, I'm sorry about that." Cleo, Rikki, and Bella all say in unison. "It's okay." Lewis says. "That was ages ago man." Rikki asks. "Okay, so Emma, how did your parents and brother find out you are a mer..." Rikki is cut off by Miriam. "Hey losers." Cleo, Rikki, and Emma all roll their eyes. Rikki looks at Miriam. "What are you doing back?" Miriam looks at Will and winks and Bella scowls at Miriam. Miriam ignores Bella. "I came back because I am going to start recording my first album in two weeks and I thought it would be nice to see my old friends." Miriam then looks at Zane and smiles for a few seconds, then she walks up to Zane. "You want to go back to the states with me to watch me record my album." Before Zane can say anything, Rikki pushes Miriam away and says. "I don't think anyone would want to go anywhere with you. Especially not MY..." as she enunciates the word "my".  "...boyfriend." Miriam looks at all the girls then all the guys. "Whatever. Don't ask me for any favors when I become famous." Bella randomly says. "Don't count on it." Rikki, Emma, and Cleo all look at Bella and they all laugh. Bella smiles at them and says. "What? She seems like she is Sophie's best friend." She laughs a little. "And I don't like Sophie, so therefore I don't like her." Rikki, Emma, Cleo, Zane, Ash, Will, and Lewis all  look at Bella and they all laugh. Rikki says. "Okay we need to start this party." Bella says. "Okay. I'll go get Nate, wherever he went off to." Bella gets up and walks outside to find Nate kissing Miriam. Bella clears her throat then says. "We need to get ready..." Miriam and Nate stop kissing and look at Bella. Bella then continues. "...to start because people are going to be arriving soon for the party." Nate winks at Miriam and says. "I'll see you later." He does a swift 360 turn and walks into the cafe. Bella rolls her eyes and follows him.