The Twins

"Jimin-ah, wake up! Hurry, I need you to help me choose an outfit. C'mon, wake up~~ Kookie's gonna show up soon" Underneath the warmth of his comforter, Jimin hears the whiny plea of his own voice.

"Tae, can you go get mom to wake me up or something. It's not pleasant to hear the sound of my voice telling me to wake up when my body says no." Jimin grumbles.

"Well, excuse me for choosing to be your twin" Taehyung replies sassily.

Honestly though, despite being twins, he and Taehyung look nothing like each other. They wouldn't even pass for fraternal twins. Yet strangely, their voices are identical.

"Hurrryyyyyy Jiminie~~!!! Get up!" Taehyung shakes Jimin, who has now retreated back against the wall and rolled up into a compact clump.

Why why why? Every single time Jimin thinks as he slowly unravels himself to sit up in his bed. Despite his initial resistance, Jimin cannot help but give into Taehyung's pouty tone. He never admits it but he has a soft spot for his brother. Out of the pair, Jimin has always been the more mature, quiet, sensitive and soft hearted one. Taehyung, on the other hand, is like excited puppy and has no filter when it comes to voicing out his thoughts. But even though the two are so dissimilar, no one knows them like they know each other. And albeit being only 4 minutes and 31 seconds older than Taehyung, Jimin has adopted the role of a dependable hyung to his twin. Throughout their childhood, Jimin never stopped doting on Taehyung, always protecting the younger and showering him with affection.

Jimin looks on fondly as Taehyung scrambles around, matching various tops to his favorite pair of trousers.

"What do you think? Should I go with this loose top or this red one? Red is Kookie's favorite color, maybe he'll like that better you'll think?" Taehyung looks at Jimin expectedly.

"Uhhh, why don't you wear that one dress shirt Jungkook got you recently? I think he'll be really happy if you're using his gift well" Jimin answers after a moment of thought.

"OMG, Jiminie, YOU'RE A GENIUS!" As Taehyung runs off to find his top, Jimin falls back onto his pillow and lets out a sigh.

A date with Jungkook...I wonder what they're gonna do today. Is Jungkook going to bring Taehyung flowers again? That was really sweet of him...

*ding dong* *ding dong*

Jimin is startled by the sudden sound of his door bell.

"Jimin-ah, can you get the door, I think Jungkookie's here!!!" Taehyung yells from his bedroom.

Hastily, Jimin gets out of bed and puts on the first pair of sweatpants he can grab. Making his way down the hall, Jimin circles to run down the stairs towards the door.

"COMING~" He breathlessly shouts.

"Jiminie, stall Jungkook for a bit, I'm not done getting ready! THANKS!!" Jimin hears as he reach for the doorknob. Taehyung, you will be the death of me, Jimin mentally screams as he turns the handle and hears the click of the lock.

"HAPPY ANNIVERSARY BABE!!!" A gigantic bouquet of red roses is shoved into Jimin's face, the loose petals getting caught in the midst of his bed head hair.

"Uhm, Taehyungie is still getting dressed..."

Jungkook abruptly pulls back the bouquet after realizing that he has just ambushed the wrong person. "Jimin-hyung, I'm so sorry! I heard a voice and I thought it was-"

"It's alright, Tae and I do have the same voice after all" Jimin cuts Jungkook off to save the younger from having to explain himself.

"Hahahh, how embarrassing of me" Jungkook timidly says as he rubs the back of his neck with his free hand.

"It's nothing big, here, come in. You can wait in the living room until Tae gets down. He won't take much longer" Jimin assures as he steps back to let Jungkook in.

After bending down to remove his shoes, Jungkook stands up and Jimin motions for him to come further into the house. But Jungkook's gaze lingers on Jimin, and not for a short moment but for a while. Feeling uncomfortable under the unexpected attention, Jimin opens his mouth to break the silence.

"Uh, do you-" Jimin swallows his words as Jungkook lifts his hand and brings it to the side of Jimin's left ear. Although the contact is not skin-to-skin, Jimin feels the pressure of Jungkook's finger in his hair and it makes Jimin bites down on his lower lip unconsciously.

"Sorry, there was a petal stuck in your hair." Jungkook casually explains and walks past Jimin towards the couch. Jimin releases the breath he was holding.

Shit. What was that? Why are you hyperventilating Jimin. Get a grip on yourself.
Jimin turns around and heads for the living room after a short minute of self-meditation.

"Anything to drink? Water? Tea?" Jimin asks as he strolls to the kitchen.

"Just tea will do, thank you." Jungkook replies politely.

From behind the kitchen counter, Jimin takes a peek at Jungkook. The little boy whose smile shows his bunny teeth from Jimin's memories has grown up into a fine young man. Clad in perfectly ironed slacks, a light blue button up shirt, and hair swept up, Jungkook is dressed to impress.

"What's the occasion? Anniversay you say?" Jimin asks as he approaches the coffee table to set down Jungkook's cup of tea.

"Yes, it's our second anniversary today, mine and Taehyung's" Jungkooks says, giving Jimin a slight nod for the tea.

"I see, it's already been two years huh."

"I know right, time really does go by so fast. That's why...I have a favor to ask of you, hyung." Jungkook sets down his cup and turns to face Jimin, his lips purses in nervousness.

Without saying anything, Jimin only nods for Jungkook to continue.

"This weekend, would you mind going out with me? I'm thinking of proposing to Taehyungie but I haven't bought a ring yet. You know him better than anyone so...will you come?" Jimin's palm is getting clammy from sweat. He had unknowingly tense up while listening to Jungkook deliver the shocking news.

"Propose? You're going to marry Taehyung?" Jimin asks in quiet whispers.

"Well, I want to. I've loved him since we were young, so I thought it's about time." Jungkook states plainly. "Will you come help me pick our rings, hyung? If you're busy that's okay, but I would love it if you can come."

Oh, no. Not the puppy eyes.

Jimin gives Jungkook a reluctant nod.

"What are you guys chatting about?" Taehyung asks from the stairs, startling both Jimin and Jungkook.

"No- nothing. What took you so long, I said I'd be here at...oh." A smile forms on Jungkook's lips, his eyes curving up as he notices Taehyung is wearing the shirt he bought as a surprise gift.

"Heheehee, don't I look good? You have the best taste Jungkookie." Taehyung giggles as he makes his way to the couch.

"It fits you perfectly, babe." Jungkook stands up to give Taehyung a peck on the cheek.
Jimin quietly removes himself from the love bubble that is the living room and tip toe his way up the stairs. Although the couple is now out of sight, Jimin can still hear soft whispers and light chuckles as he makes the trek to his room.

"I'll be home late tonight Jiminie! Let mom know for me!" and Jimin hear the sounds of footsteps and finally, click.

Shuffling back under the cover of his cozy bed, Jimin forces himself back into a restless slumber.