Resolution

Chapter Summary

If Taehyung is the sun that brightens up Jungkook's day then Jimin is the moon that shines in the darkest of nights.

-----

That night, after a long tear-filled talk, the twins collapsed on Jimin's bed. Jimin's hand constantly stroked Taehyung's head. The younger had cried himself to sleep, his mouth still mumbling "sorry" over and over again in the midst of his slumber. Jimin doesn't hate Taehyung or blame him. He understands. Jimin knows that Taehyung still loves Jungkook deeply. He's just not strong enough to stay by Jungkook's side.

Throughout the night Jimin wracked his brain, trying to think of anything he can possibly do to better the situation. Taehyung had scooted in closer to Jimin's body, looking for comfort even in his sleep. I'm your twin and I can't even do anything to help you. Jimin looked down sadly at Taehyung. . . His twin. Twin. That's right. They're twin. They don't look alike but that doesn't matter since Jungkook can't see...that's right. Jungkook won't be able to tell if it's Taehyung or him just by their voices. Sure, there's a few centimeters in height difference but insoles exist. As long as Jungkook doesn't touch him too much, Jungkook won't know that it's him and not Taehyung. Jimin finished going through the details of his plan just as the sky broke out into dawn.

He has decided. If Taehyung is the sun that lights up Jungkook's days, Jimin is contented with being the moon. He will be Jungkook's light on the darkest of nights.

Standing in Jungkook's hospital room, Jimin walks towards the end of the bed where the younger is. He steps in closer, placing his hand on Jungkook's arm so that the other knows where he is.

"Hey, I missed you." Jungkook feels up Jimin's shoulder, his neck, then cups Jimin's cheek in his palm. Taehyung's cheeks are softer than I remember, Jungkook thinks. "It was only one day but I missed you..." Jungkook leans in and kiss Jimin lightly between his eyebrows.

"Silly Kookie..." Jimin manages a small giggle despite the guilt in his chest. I'm so sorry Jungkookie, forgive me for lying.

Jungkook slides his hand down the length of Jimin's arm in search of his lover's hand. "Tae, was your hand always so small?" Jungkook cocks his head in bemusement. He's finding out so many things about 'Taehyung' that he didn't notice before.

"Yea-yea, it's always been like this. Hahah, did you think it shrank or something?" Jimin isn't ready for his cover to be blown on the first day. Please, just let it go~

"Oh, I see. Since I can't see now, I rely a lot on hearing and touching. I know all the doctors and nurses by their voice now." Jungkooks smiles proudly.

"Wow, my Jungkookie is so capable~" Saying sweet things like this isn't hard for Jimin. He's always wanted to speak his thoughts of Jungkook out loud like now. Although Taehyung's cute, whiny tone is awkward to imitate, Jimin must admit.

"Babe, can you do me a favor and take me out to the garden today?" Jungkook asks.

"The garden? Of course! Let's go now." Jimin eagerly pulls Jungkook along.

Jungkook is in a good mood today. Taehyung doesn't sound as tired and solemn as before and it makes Jungkook worry less. He can feel love and affection oozing out from the tone and action of the other. Walking at an even pace, hand intertwined with his beloved, Jungkook feels secure and contented. He blames himself for having doubted Taehyung's love just a day before.

Jungkook knows they've exited the building when he feels the comforting and dearly missed warmth of the sun. The air is so much lighter, fresher, and cooler outside. Jungkook smiles to himself.

"Let's walk around for a bit, the weather is great today." He hears 'Taehyung' says.

"What does the garden look like, Tae? Is it full of trees and beautiful flowers?"

"Well....you're right! We're walking down this beautifully paved pathway right now. There are colorful flower shrubs and big, tall trees on either side. There're even wooden benches where we can sit!" Jimin describes enthusiastically, exaggerating a bit to make their walk more interesting.

"Hahah, is that so?" Jungkook chuckles, he finds his lover cute for being so exited. The two soon come to a bench and sit down to enjoy the soft crisp wind. "The doctor says I can be discharge tomorrow." Jungkook says.

"What? Really? That's great Jungkook-ah! But are you sure you're all better?" Jimin is thrilled that Jungkook can leave so soon but he also worries if it's too soon.

"Taehyungie, you worry too much. I feel great." Jungkook assures him.

"I'll come pick you up tomorrow then!"

"Ahhhh, I'm so happy to finally leave this place and go home~!" Jungkook laughs, stretching out his arms.

Jimin smiles too.

"Alright, you're ready to go?" Jimin asks the fidgeting Jungkook.

"Uh huh, let's go." Jungkooks quickly nods. He's feeling quite jumpy today. Half of it from excitement and the other half from nervousness. Jungkook can feel his palm getting sweaty against the tender grip of Jimin's. the tender grip of Jimin's.

They exit the hospital door and Jimin pulls Jungkook to the side before untangling their fingers. "Wait here for me, I'll go get the car. I'll be back quick, okay." Jimin takes Jungkook's bag with him and heads to the parking lot.

Jungkook tenses up at the loss of Jimin's hand. He only sees a blurred blob. Jungkook turns his head from side to side, his ears picking up the sound of busy traffic and bits of conversation here and there. Suddenly, things are happening too fast. Jungkook hears shouting, he hears the automatic door slides open and close nearby. The sound of rolling wheels against the concrete ground is slowly approaching from the distance. People are rushing past him, they push and shove their away through. Jungkook staggers backwards. Without his sight, Jungkook feels scared and unstable on his feet. Through the chaos, a pair of hands reaches out to steady Jungkook.
"Tae?" Jungkook huffs, his eyes wide with panic.

"I'm here, I'm here. It's okay, Kookie." Jimin tries his best to comfort the distressed Jungkook. "Everything's okay. I'll take you to the car okay?" He gently tugs on Jungkook's hand.

"Okay...,yea." Jungkook feels like a child and he hates it.

The drive back home is quiet. Jungkook is evidently upset and Jimin regrets having left Jungkook by himself.

"I'm sorry Jungkook. I shouldn't have left you alone, you must have been scared." Jimin says apologetically.

"No, it's not your fault Tae. It's me. Nothing big even happened but I freaked out." Jungkook sighs deeply. "It's just...everything seems so scary now. I don't have control over anything and I can't do the simplest task without assistance. I'm so USELESS." He is angry at his own inability.

Keeping one hand on the steering wheel, Jimin reaches over to hold Jungkook's hand. "Hey, take it easy. Everything will be difficult in the beginning. You're going to feel desperate and frustrated and angry. But I'm here, and we're gonna go through this together, yea? Don't you forget Jungkook, I'm here too. With you. And you're going to be just fine. Trust me. Trust yourself. You're not useless and incompetent at all." Jimin waits for Jungkook to say something. He doesn't want Jungkook to bury himself in his own criticism and hate.

At the sight of the faint smile that crosses Jungkook's face, Jimin's heart lightens up.
"I only have you Tae." Jungkook whispers gratefully and brings Jimin's hand to his lips. "Thank you."

Jimin feels Jungkook's lips on his knuckles and cries a bit inside. Jungkook's words replaying in his head, I only have you, Tae.