Forced

Chapter Summary

Taehyung loves Jungkook. He really does...but it's hard.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ

"Are you ready? Let's go in" Jimin gives his twin a worried glance when he didn't hear a reply.

They are standing in front of Jungkook's hospital room, the door still unopened.
Taehyung has been oddly apprehensive the entire day. Earlier this morning Jimin has received new that Jungkook is conscious and that visitors are now allowed. But Taehyung has been reluctant to meet Jungkook, stalling them outside the hospital lobby for almost an hour. Jimin figures his twin is in one of his jittery mood since Jungkook is finally awake. Jimin himself feels anxious, but in a good way. He's glad Jungkook is up and ok.

"C'mon Tae, I'm sure Jungkook's been waiting for you all day." Jimin urges.

"Okay..." Taehyung face looks bleak.

Jimin slides the door open gently and the twins enter.

It's like any other typical hospital room; white, clean, and smells like antiseptic wipes and hand sanitizer. There are beds set on either side, only the one in the furthest left corner by the window is occupied. Jungkook is sitting up, back propped against the bed head, a bandage wrapped around in head.

"Hey Kookie, how are you doing?" Taehyung's cheerful tone cannot mask the anxiety behind his words.

"Taehyung?" Jungkook's head turn towards the direction of Taehyung's voice. He breathes a sigh of relief laced with happiness.

"Are you feeling okay? I was so worried."
Taehyung approaches the bed and grabs Jungkook's outstretch arm. "I'm here."

Jungkook rubs the back of his lover's hand with his thumb. "I'm doing okay." There is a brief moment of silence as Jungkook ponders if he should say the words that are on the tip of his tongue. "I want to see you so bad. I miss seeing your face, your smile, everything."

"You...really can't see anything?" Jungkook only shakes his head, his unfocused eyes losing their light.

Jimin can see that his brother is holding back tears and it hurts him so much to see the two people who he loves most in so much pain. Why God? Just let them be.

Back at home, Taehyung collapses face first onto the sofa. It's been a stressful day and he doesn't know if he's ready for what life's going to throw at him next. Why did this have to happen? Why? Why? Why??? Taehyung beats his frustration into the cushions of the sofa seat.

"Hey, how are you holding up?" Taehyung perks up at hearing his concerned twin.

"I don't know...I feel so restless." He mumbles.

"I know it must be hard for you but think about Jungkook too. He's going to look to you for support. You have to stay strong for the both of you." Jimin knows he's putting pressure on his already exhausted twin but no one besides Taehyung can get Jungkook back up on his feet again.

"I know..." Taehyung says quietly. "I'll go visit Jungkook tomorrow."

"Hang in there." Jimin squeezes Taehyung's sagging shoulders.

Jimin knows Taehyung doesn't deal well with responsibility and obligations. He's always been the most carefree person in the world, never allowing anything or anyone to tie him down. Jimin is aware that his twin brother likes to live life without any worries, and he's apprehensive about how Taehyung's going to go about the situation that is their treaded reality right now.

-------

Taking a long, deep breath Taehyung walks into Jungkook's hospital room. "Hey Kookie~~."

"Taehyung?" Jungkook whips his head around from where he is standing in the middle of the room. Although Taehyung is standing by the door, Jungkook is facing towards the bathroom, as if he's talking to an imaginary person across the room. Taehyung walks towards Jungkook and turns his body to face him.

"I'm over here. What were you doing in the middle of the room, Kookie?" He asks as he pulls Jungkook to the bed.

"I wanted to walk around a bit, you know, test out how well I can get around. But I got confused and forgot where my bed was, hahaah" Jungkook's laugh sounded bitter to the both of them.

Taehyung notices the untouched tray of food on the rolling table of the bed. "You didn't eat yet? You should eat, it's already past noon." He says and settles down onto the waiting chair besides the bed.

Jungkook waits a bit, expecting Taehyung to guide him with his meal.

"Why aren't you eating? Jeon Jungkook, eat before I punish you!" Taehyung playfully threatens, oblivious to the inner turmoil that is now taking place inside Jungkook's mind.
Jungkook doesn't want to sound needy and incompetent by asking for help so he slowly lifts up his arms. Jungkook starts feeling up the table, then hovering above the tray before dipping his fingers in the bowl of soup. Ahh, it had to be the soup bowl. Jungkook quietly curses under his breath.

Noticing Jungkook's struggles and finally understanding the situation, Taehyung quickly offers his help. "Uhm, here, I'll just feed you Jungkookie." He says, feeling flustered. How could he be so dense and insensitive?

"Sorry for troubling you..." Jungkook's apologetic tone makes Taehyung's guilt even heavier.

"Heh, at least let me spoil you once in a while. Now say ahhh" Taehyung's lightheartedness manages to save the awkward situation as Jungkook's lips form a small smile.

"Thank you for coming in to see me." Jungkook says after he finishes his hand fed meal. "I must be worrying you a lot."

"If you know that then hurry up and get better!" Taehyung says in his pretend stern voice.

"I'm trying my best babe. Since I can't see now, I'll have to learn to do things differently. It's hard but I'll do it, for you." Taehyung's hand feels the squeeze of Jungkook's fingers, but his heart feels it from Jungkook's words.

"Alright, I have to go now. I'll see you soon."
And with a quick kiss on Jungkook's cheek, Taehyung leaves the hospital room in a hurry. Sliding the door shut behind him, Taehyung lets out a sigh.