chapter 8

It was two years since Crowley and Aziraphale had become a couple, and they were inseparable. It was a friday, and friday was the day that they stayed home and had dinner at the bookshop. Aziraphale had cooked a lovely dinner of lasagne, with candles that Crowley had put in the middle of the table.
"Were the candles really necessary?" Asked Aziraphale.
"I don't know, I just thought they'd be nice." Replied Crowley.
"It looks very romantic."
"yes, well, um, thats what I was going for"
Aziraphale smiled and went back to his food. So did Crowley. Since they had been together, Crowley found that he was eating a lot more than he was before.
When they were done Crowley all of a sudden felt really nervous. He stood up for a second, and reached into his pocket to take something out.
"What are you doing dear?" Asked Aziraphale, and then gasped as Crowley got down on one knee.
"My Angel, I know this is probably wrong, because you know, we're an angel and a demon, but..." he was shaking by now, but he looked the Angel in the eyes and continued, "Aziraphale, will you marry me?"
Aziraphale had tears in his eyes when he finished.
"Crowley dear, what do you think?" Aziraphale said, smiling,
"Is that a yes?"
"Yes! Yes of course!"
Crowley let out a sigh of relief and stood up to kiss his new fiancé. After a long while they broke apart.
"I was scared you wouldn't say yes." Said Crowley.
"Why wouldn't I? You're the love of my life." Replied the Angel, smiling.
"I love you so much Angel."
"I love you so much too."
Their lips met again and for the first time ever, (apart from when he thought Aziraphale was dead) Crowley felt tears run down his cheeks.