Panic in the Sewers pt. 1

(Y/N)= Your Name

(e/c)= Eye Color

(h/c)= Hair Color

(y/s)= Your Style

(f/f)= Favorite Food

(f/d)= Favorite Drink

(o/t)= Old Town's Name

(f/t)= Favorite Pizza Toppings

Chapter 8 [Edited]

Cooking isn't as hard as I remember!

It's been a weird couple of weeks. Living with the turtles is better than others might think. Well, no one would get the chance to live with mutant turtles, but that's not the point. Anyways, they're enjoyable to hang out with, and they're hilarious, especially Mikey. He reminds me a bit of myself when I was a kid, so carefree and always wanting to play video games. He makes it easier to relax whenever I'm around him. 

I spend some time with Leo, too; he's the politest person I've ever met. Especially around me, I know I'm a guest, but I've been here for weeks now, yet he's still so nice. I thought that I made him uncomfortable. I don't know; he seems more relaxed around April. He treats me differently than her; I just don't know what to make of it. I don't think I did anything wrong, but he's jumpy around me. I don't really get it; even Raph has relaxed around me. At least Leo spent time with me; he taught me how to meditate! I thought it was for old spiritual people, but he taught me anyone could do it. I have to admit; I fell asleep the first time I tried. But I started getting the hang of it! 

Raph has been teaching me more moves along with Splinter. Raph noticed how I punched and kicked and said it wasn't how I was supposed to do it. So, he started teaching me the proper way to punch and kick; he even grew comfortable around me to teach me how to fight dirty. He said people would do anything to win in the real world, and sometimes you gotta pull some tricks to get your way. I didn't think there was much to it, but there is. I'm kind of grateful; learning to fight dirty makes me feel; how do I put this without it sounding stupid? It makes me feel badass, in a way. Raph said not to tell the others what he's teaching me, but I have a feeling some already know by the looks Leo gives him sometimes. I just hope I don't get him in trouble. 

Donnie has to be the most intelligent person I know. He's accomplished more than I have in my entire life! He was raised in the sewers and understood basic calculus, something I struggled with. I just can't wrap my head around it; how is this possible?! I want his braaaain!!! He does have his moments, especially when April's around. Like in those high school chic flicks, he turns into like any helplessly in-love teen guy. I can't help but feel bad for him, though, he really likes her, but I can tell she doesn't really feel the same. Poor Donnie... I try to hang out with him, too, listening to him ramble about his projects, and I've even managed to help out a couple of times. I feel like I can't hang out with him because my tiny pea-sized brain can't compare to his! He seems to enjoy my company, though, so I hope he doesn't mind the differences between our IQs.

.

You're writing in your journal, thinking about all the good memories you've made with the turtles. For now, you're going to focus on the good instead of the bad. Or, more precisely, you're blocking out the bad things that have happened thus far and have just been distracting yourself with the turtles and training.

You weren't that active growing up, but training with your very own teacher has motivated you to keep it up. You feel much more energized when you wake up and couldn't be more grateful for Splinter's teachings. You made sure to express your gratitude each day to Splinter and into your journal.