Chapter 6

I walked home and waited for about an hour to call her. I forgot to get her name.

We got home and she said that she was going to her house so she left.

She answers the phone and I ask her what her name is and she tells me, Kat.

"And do you have a boyfriend or were you just saying that?"

I ask her.

(Kat)

"My boyfriend is the guy that helped you out with your ice cream problem."

"Oh, so you do have a boyfriend? Well, I'll change your mind about him beautiful. Do you want to come over?"

(Kat)

"I just left the building."

"Where are you now?"

(Kat)

"On the way to my house."

"I can come to pick you up or I can go to your house"

We stay on the phone for a while before she says I can go to her because she doesn't want to get out. She sends me the address and I get in a Uber to Kat's house.

I sigh and decided to go to the gym in the building.

I get to her house and we do the hanky panky.

The next morning I wake up in her bed and hear a knock on the door. I grunt and roll over.

I knocked on Kat's door waiting for her to answer.

I shake Kat to wake up but she tells me to answer it. I knew it was Sam so I put on my black jeans and the black shirt I came here in. I walk to the door and open it.

I raise an eyebrow

"What the hell are you doing here?"

I smile at him and simply say after I grab my shoes and phone.

"Your girl's a cheater. I would dump her if I was you. If you want proof I'll give it to you"

My eyes widened

"What the hell do you mean by that?!?"

I open my phone to the messages where she clearly stated that she really wanted to at least hook up with me or date me but not tell her boyfriend.

I look at them.

"Well frick me in the butt because I love Jesus," I whisper to myself and walk into Kats room.

I put on my shoes and stand in her bedroom doorway. There's so way in hell I'm going to miss this.

Tears well up in my eyes and I go to wake her up.

She wakes up and looks at Sam surprised.

"How could you?" I asked my voice cracking on the how.

(Kat)

"Baby, I-"

He cuts me off.

"No. Just answer the question."

(Kat)

"I'm sorry"

I start crying.

I get up and walk out.

I watch him walk out and after he gets out I leave.

I drive quickly to my place before realizing that I have a shift soon. I put on my uniform and drive to the ice cream place and try to act as if nothing happened.

I get a Uber and get home.

I serve people before I get a break.

I go down to the ice cream place and see Sam working.

I look up and see Colby

"Of flipping course," I whisper.

"Am I not on you best person list anymore?

I smile at him and give him $200.

"Sorry sir, but I'm not allowed to take money from customers if it is not being used to pay for something." I smile tightly.

"Don't fake a smile and just take it. Or I'll give it to you at your apartment"

"I wouldn't take it there either," I say and drop the smile

"Why not?"

"I don't want your money."

"Fine, then get me a vanilla cone."

I sigh

"Of course." I smile again and place his order

"1.50." I sat and wait for him to get the money.

I pat the $200 dollars.

"Keep the tip, lover boy"

I say and take the ice cream.

I glare at him. I put the money in the cash register and put the rest in the jar for charity. I look at the time and see my shifts almost over.

I throw the ice cream in the trash around the corner and start walking back to my apartment.