The city with a red sky

I decided to give you an early chapter because I'm taking ages to write this, sorry for taking ages and thank you for your patients. 
AFG

Everything was quiet. 

You felt yourself become conscious, you suddenly became aware that you were a being, you were something and you could think. Without moving or even opening your eyes you kicked your brain into trying to remember what had happened to you. You remembered a purple dress, a stabbing pain and a boy crying. Your head pounded painfully as you tried to remember more so you gave up. 

Becoming curious as to your location you opened your eyes slightly they were met with dim orange light. Opening them wider you sat up slowly from whatever you were laid on, looking down you saw it was a plain white bed. 

You were wearing a pretty purple dress and slip-on shoes there was also a beautiful golden bracelet on your wrist. A memory suddenly flashed in front of your eyes like someone turning on a bright torch in a dark room, the memory was of a girl, she was taller than you, she was smiling while you looked at your reflection in a mirror. You wanted to know who the girl was but when you tried to remember her your head pounded painfully so you stopped and tried to figure out where you were. 

You slid off the white bed and stood up your legs feeling like jelly and you grabbed the bed to steady yourself. Where on earth am I? You had regained your balance and looking around curiously.  

The windowless room you were in was pain and empty, it had white walls and a rectangular shape in one wall that you guess was the door, apart from that the place was completely empty. It was making you feel dizzy the white, bare walls and no windows were making you nervous, you had no way of telling what time it was or where you were. It was creepy. 

To distract yourself you tried to remember more about who you were again, not being able to remember anything was starting to freak you out. You tried to focus on the stabbing pain you remembered but that just reminded you that your head started pounding when you tried to bring back any memories. You attempted to focus on your purple dress but that didn't do much as you were wearing the dress and it didn't seem important enough to jog your brain. 

You concentrated on the boy crying.   

You closed your eyes tightly determined to remember, pushing past your head screaming at you to stop but you didn't as more and more details slowly made their way into your brain. 

He had brown hair, it was wavy almost curly. You thought he was wearing a shirt and a tie but that detail was fuzzy. The one thing you could remember 100% was that you loved this boy with all your heart and he loved you too. Then it hit you like a tone of bricks. 

Peter, date, killed by Regina, Henry's heart, darkness.

All your lifetime memories had hit you all at the same time making you dizzy and feel like you were going to throw up. "Probably shouldn't have done that," you muttered rubbing your eyes with the palms of your hands. 

When the pain had subsided you tried to think of a way to get out of this room. The only logical explanation was that you were in the world that all the dead people went to. You were curious to see what it would be like, you had never been dead before but there was a first for everything. 

You got up from the bed and walked over to the rectangle on the wall you guessed it was the door and banged your fist on it loudly. "HEY!" you shouted, "Anyone out there, I'm insanely bored in here and have something I need to do so letting me out of here would be brilliant." 

No response. 

"HEY!" you were about to bang on it again when, to your surprise, it opened. Feeling shocked you took a hurried step back looking at the woman who opened the door, you eyed her suspiciously like she was going to attack you. 

"Hello," she gave a friendly waved and came further into the room, you still backed away from her suspiciously. Peter had taught you to never trust a stranger, you learned that lesson when you first arrived in Neverland and had a nasty meeting with some pirates. 

"Who are you?" You asked ready any sudden movements she might make on you. 

"My name's Cleo," she replied in a sweet voice smiling.

You looked her up and down taking in her appearance. She was a pretty woman who looked in her mid-40s she had shoulder-length blonde hair that was in a high ponytail and round glasses. She was wearing a vintage red summer dress and small black heels you weren't close enough to see what colour her eyes were but they looked a shade of brown from your distance. 

"I know you must be very confused at the moment," she continued in a comforting voice, "But don't worry everyone has been through this. It's alright to not be able to remember things from your past life, like your name for example, that will come back to you shortly."

You decided at that moment against telling her you could remember every detail about your life. It sounded like everyone else who died forgot who they were for a short time so you would pretend so no one got suspicious. 

"If you would like to follow me, I will be glad to show you the Underworld." She gestured towards the door smiling encouragingly.  

The Underworld? You remembered Rumple mentioning something about it back in his shop but part of you didn't take him seriously. It was actually called 'The Underworld'

"Sure," you nodded relaxing, Cleo wasn't going to hurt you plus you'd kick her ass if she tried, Pan himself had taught you hand to hand combat and he was amazing at it. 

You followed her out of the door and turned right along a corridor, there were hundreds more of the white doors that you assumed led into more rooms. There were lights above each room some were red and some were green, you guessed that one colour met they were empty and the other meant someone, who had just died, had appeared in one. 

"Do a lot of people die every day?" you asked curiously as a neatly dressed man open the door to your left to meet the newly dead person inside.

"Quite a few," Cleo nodded turned to face you briefly, "Most people accept they are dead but some people put up a fight and demand to be teleported back to life." 

"Oh," you breathed looking around and observing the people. You were dying to ask more questions, mostly about Hades, the guy that was supposed to be able to give your magic back. However, you thought it was best not asking questions like that yet, you weren't even supposed to remember your name.

At the end of the corridor, there was a glowing purple and blue light, it was a portal. Without hesitating she walked straight through it, you followed her making sure you didn't trip over on the way. Portals were a funny thing and very annoying if you tripped while going through one, poor Rufio had learned that back on Neverland. You missed the lost boy he'd gone on the wrong side of Hook and paid the price. 

There was a second of purple surrounding you before you emerged into what looked like a station. There was a long desk that ran all the way around three of the walls, people were sat at this desk talking to different people or writing on papers. The vast room gave off a reddish glow that you thought was coming from the lights but it was coming from an enormous window. 

 You stopped in your tracks and turned to face it, people bustled around you annoyed you were standing in the way but you didn't care. You walked over to the glass forgetting you should be following Cleo. 

"Wow," you breathed quietly looking out of the window. 

The place outside looked like a giant city, tall buildings stood out against the horizon and reflected the light in their high windows. Smaller houses were on the outskirts of the city and mixed in amongst the huge buildings. You were itching to get down there and explore. It looked exactly like a normal modern city would when you were alive, apart from the sky wasn't a beautiful blue like normal, it was a shade of blood-red. It was an impressive but creepy sight. 

Cleo appeared on your left side and watched you look at the city. She turned to you with a smile on her face and said impressively, "Welcome to the Underworld."

I hope you enjoyed, I know it's bad but thank you for being patient with me. 
AFG