The man himself

You and Noah had enjoyed the party for a little while before getting started on the plan. Noah had gone to grab something from his room and you'd gone to the toilet. On the way back you felt that you were being watched. You turned around quickly your dress flowing around you. 

"I know you're there." You didn't know who you were talking to but you knew they'd hear you.

A low, smooth chuckle met your ears that made the hairs on your arms stand up. A shadow started growing from another corridor to your left as footsteps echoed towards you. "You're so much like your mother."

You spotted a tall broad shoulder figure loom towards you through the darkness. Their face was suddenly illuminated by the lights from the party just behind you and you realised it was the man himself. Hades.

"How do you know my mother?" You asked defensively standing your ground as he got closer.

"Because I know everyone." You looked at his face and realised he was nothing like you expected him to be. You expected Hades to be ugly and maybe evil looking. Nothing like the man in front of you. He was around 6 foot 1, perfectly styled dark brown hair, narrow clever eyes that were slightly red, short stubble sprayed onto his face. His crisp white suit and black tie looked brand new and he was wearing black leather gloves over his large hands. 

"You're Hades," you pointed out wanting to be sure before you started talking to him.

He nodded, "You're oddly brave. Not many people would speak to me like that."

You smirked slightly feeling more confident, "I'm not like most people."

He laughed. "No, I don't suppose you are. What's your name?"

"Y/N."

"Last name?"

"Valenti." Something changed in his eyes. They flicked with a surprise for a moment before returning to cool and calm. He swallowed and glanced around to see if anyone was there. "How do you know my mother?"

"Walk with me and I might consider telling you," he asked taking a few steps backwards and tilting his head to the side. 

"Y/N, you're already dead. What's the worst that could happen?"

You narrowed your eyes at him suspiciously. You didn't want to get locked up or anything, but at the same time, you needed to talk to him. Alone. You followed him walking a step behind him keeping your guard up just in case. 

He led you up a set of stairs and through a set of doors that opened up to a private sitting room. There was a long sofa against one wall and lots of one-seater chairs dotted around in groups. You looked left and saw the entire wall was made of windows and a glass door was open that led to a balcony overlooking the entire city.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" He asked standing next to you as you gazed out over the Underworld.

"Yeah," you breathed. You'd seen some beautiful sights while you were in Neverland but nothing quite compared to this. "It's amazing." You could see in his reflection, that he was smiling down at you with a curious glint in his eyes. 

"Take a seat when you're ready if you want," he offered walking away and sitting down in a larger chair in the centre of the room by a small table. 

You made a noise in the back of your throat but you didn't walk away from the window. "Tell me how you know my mother?" You repeated your question for the 3rd time turning your head so you could see him. 

He sighed, "I'll only explain this once so you better be listening."  You walked over curiously and perched in the edge of a chair near his. Close enough so you could hear but not in reaching distance. "I think Noah has told you I am Hades King of the Underworld. Being King has given me lots of added perks people down here can't have."