A few answers

You opened the door of your parent's house to see them sitting around the small table but two more people were with them now. 

Everyone looked up at your arrival and their talking silenced immediately. You stood with your back to the close door looking at the new people feeling curious.

"Ah, Y/N." Your father broke the awkward silence and beckoned you into the house. "These are some friends of ours, Hannah and William."

The now named Hannah and William smiled and waved politely. They looked younger then your parents did but they still had the tea bag stained coloured skin. Hannah had blonde hair in a ponytail and brown eyes and William had black hair and a small amount of stubble on his face.

You nodded moving further into the house and standing by the staircase awkwardly. You felt so out of place, your parents replaced you with Bonnie, made new friends and lived happily ever after, but now you were back in the picture it felt wrong.

"It's nice to meet you, Y/N," you assumed Hannah started a conversation with you.

"You too," you replied casually not really meaning it. "I'm curious, how'd you die?"

Everyone looked mildly uncomfortable with your question. Was it rude to ask people how they died?

"I drowned," William answered not seeming to care, "And Hannah fell out a tree."

You couldn't help but snigger but you quickly stopped and tried to turn it into a cough as your parents and Bonnie glared at you.

"How did you die then?" Hannah asked crossing her skinny arms and sassily looking at you.

"I was stabbed, so the heart I was using could be ripped out of me and given back to its owner."

There was silence when you'd finished. William looked half impressed with a smile on his face and Hannah looked annoyed.

"Anyway," you continued the conversation as if nothing had happened. "Are you going to tell me why you got rid of me yet or should I come back tomorrow?"

A look from your parents to Hannah and William made them walk quickly out of the house muttering about coming back in a few days.

"We'll tell you, Y/N, just please don't do anything... crazy."

You raised your hands in surrender and sat down one of the empty chairs resting your legs on the other.

"Spill the tea then." Your parents and Bonnie looked confused at your phrase, "It's a modern expression, means tell the secrets or gossip."

They nodded in realisation quickly getting over their confusion and your Mother started talking.

"We did abandon you when you were a child but we didn't do it because we didn't want to. We loved you, Y/N."

"But?"

"But you were only related to one of us, you were my baby girl."

"Not mine," the man you thought was your Father admitted glancing over at his wife.

Your eyebrows were so high they must have disappeared into your hair by now. "What?"

"You're not my daughter, Y/N. Your Mother was pregnant with you when we met, we got married and had you after," he explained.

"Please don't be angry, Y/N," your Mother looked upset and tears filled her eyes, clearly the incident was haunting her even in death.

"I'm not angry," you breathed staring at the table surprised. It was the truth, you didn't feel angry if anything it just made you curious about who your real father was. "Bonnie is both your daughter though?"

They bother nodded your 'Father' holding your Mothers hand.

"Did you know about this?" You asked Bonnie who had been avoiding your gaze since you arrived.

"They told me when you left," she nodded looking at the floor.

You took a deep breath closing your eyes momentarily, "Then who is my real father?"

No one spoke, your fake father looked at your mother who was avoiding everyone's eyes. "I don't know," she sighed a sad expression on her face.

"Well," you breathed, "I didn't have you like that type of person."

She didn't respond to your comment which gave you the suspicion she was lying, in the world you'd been born in things like that didn't happen very often. Most families got married before having children or anything like that, maybe he died and she didn't want to talk about him.

You leaned against the back of your chair thinking hard. If this guy wasn't your father then who was? You needed to know, you needed to ask him some questions, maybe he could give you the answers to who he was.

"I'm going to go home," Bonnie broke the silence after a while, "I'll come back tomorrow."

No one spoke when she left and you sighed looking around the kitchen, "Question, if we're dead, do we need to eat?"

"No," your mother shook her head, "Technically we don't need sleep either but everyone does anyway because it's hard to break the habit. I'm going to go and lie down." She got up and walked upstairs the wooden floorboards creaking as she walked.

"So," your fake father started conversation, "This makes our relationship a little awkward."

"You can say that again," you said bluntly and he chuckled. "What do I call you then?"

"You can keep calling me father if you want? You grew up thinking I was. Plus, it would be easier on your mother, word travels fast in this place and I don't want her worrying what people think."

You nodded not in the mood to argue, it'd been a long day and you felt drained so much had happened. You felt like you needed sleep but that was just your brain telling you to sleep, your body didn't feel tired at all.

"Did she ever mention my real father, while you two were alive?"

"No, no she didn't," he shook his head, "She only said he was a very bad person and if I knew who he was I wouldn't want to be with her. She said if anyone found out she'd be alone forever and you'd be taken away from her."

"Is that why you got rid of me? She was scared I'd be bad like my real father?"

"I assume so," he nodded scratching the back of his neck. "Don't take it personally, she's upset about it enough. She never wanted to get rid of you, she just wanted you to be safe."

"Safe?" you questioned, "Do you know what that woman did to me? What she made me?"

"We knew she was involved with those sorts of things, yes."

You shook your head in disbelief crossing your arms. If they knew she what she was like, why did they send you to her? Sadly, you didn't think you'd ever get the answers to your questions... unless.

"I'm going to see if your mother is alright, excuse me Y/N." He left without another word and you didn't stop him, you were deep in thought.

Someone around here must know the answers to your questions, you were too young to know any of your parent's friends so that wouldn't work, maybe that Noah guys could help, he seemed to know what he was talking about.

You just hoped whatever was being kept from you wasn't going to stop you from getting back home.

HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS. I hope 2020 is nice to everyone. If you've got exams this year try not to stress, teachers make out there're the most important things in your life but they really aren't. Believe in yourself you can do it!

Fingers crossed you enjoyed this chapter. I've been prewriting loads of chapters and I, personally, like the way it's going. Vote and all that if you enjoy.
Lotta love,

AFG