I'll wait for you forever

PETER'S POV

She was gone. My love had left me. I felt alone.

I was still kneeling on the beach where Regina had stabbed Y/N so they could get Henry's heart back. Tears were rolling down my cheeks as I clutched the cold body of the love of my life.

What was I going to do without her?

She was one thing that made sense to me, the one thing that stopped me rage killing everyone when I was pissed off. She could make me feel better the way no one else could.

I loved her. I still love her. Everything about her, from the way she would walk to the annoying little smirk she would have on her beautiful face when we were running around Neverland together enjoying our long youth. The way she would laugh like she had no care in the world and how she could be so sensitive and caring when she needed to be.

The most important thing was the way she loved me like I was pure gold. She loved my flaws, past and bad days, she was my soul mate and I'd never find anyone like her again.

"Peter?" a quiet female voice asked behind me.

Felix and Ayra were watching me fearfully about a metre away. Tears were silently falling down Ayra's face at the sight of her best friend dead, Felix looked sad. I'd never seen him cry.

I looked at her as she knelt down next to me and put one of her hands on Y/N's shoulders. "Now we wait. Do you think she will be able to get her magic back?"

"She better," I growled, "Or everyone in Storybrooke will pay for taking her away from us."

"Let's give her time, we don't know how long it will take," Ayra tried to reassure me not wanting me to kill anyone, but I wasn't feeling angry, yet. I was feeling calm because I trusted Y/N and knew she would do anything and everything in her power to get back to us.

"I'm not going to hurt anyone, Ayra. I trust that Y/N will fight to get back to us," I told her honestly, "As long as she doesn't take forever that will kill me and maybe some other people."

"We should find somewhere to put her body," Felix chipped into the conversation coming over and kneeling beside me and Ayra.

"Where should we put her?" Ayra asked looking at me, "I don't think we should bury her, she will be confused when she returns."

"We could keep her here?" Felix suggested, "Put her in a coffin and keep it somewhere safe like a vault."

A better idea came to my head, one I knew Y/N would have prefered. "We'll keep her safe in Neverland, she loved it there. Plus, the island isn't dying that was just what we told Henry."

"Good plan," Ayra agreed smiling and wiping tears from her eyes, "She would have liked that."

I leaned down and kissed her forehead, "Come on, let's go home." I picked up
Y/N's body as Felix and Ayra grabbed our bags. I took one last look at Storybrooke as we used a portal stone to get back home.

A wave of familiarity hit me when we landed back on Neverland and the purple smoke cleared. We were back at my old camp, nothing looked different, it was as if we had just gone for a walk and come back.

"I've missed it here," Felix admitted a smile on his face as he looked around the camp and put the bags down, "What's the plan?"

I thought for a moment before using magic to create a long glass coffin about hip height off the ground. "A glass box?" Felix questioned his eyebrows raised.

"If she moves we need to be able to see it," I told him in a duh voice.

"Good point," he nodded, "It just seems very Sleeping Beauty."

"Yeah, I don't like it much either but it was the best I could come up with," I answered laying Y/N down the coffin to make her look like she was just sleeping and laid her hair out gracefully. Then I cleaned the dried blood off her and sealing it with magic. Only someone with magic would be able to get in this should make her safe.

"We should decorate it," Ayra said getting an idea, "With lanterns. You know, to light her way home." I smiled as Felix pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead, Y/N was right they did make a cute couple.

A while later me, Felix and Ayra had decorated Y/N's coffin and the area around it until it looked like she was meant to be in a fairy tale. Lanterns had been placed on the path and all around her so it was lit up with a golden glow. Ayra has arranged different colourful flowers around the coffin in a pattern until it looked picture perfect. I enchanted everything so no flower would wither and no lantern would ever go out, it would stay this beautiful forever.

"Do you think she would have liked it?" Ayra asked. For the first time in knowing the tough girl her attitude had changed, she looked vulnerable and fragile, I know Y/N would be glad to know me and Felix were looking after her.

"I think she would loved it," Felix nodded holding Ayra tightly around the waist as tears still streamed down her face.

"We should say something," she continued.

"Good idea," I nodded, "You can go first if you like."

"Thanks," she stepped forward a bit looking at Y/N and wiping her eyes. "Y/N when we first met you rescued me from a bad place and I will always be grateful for that, I would have died if you didn't save me. You are my best friend and sister and I'll never forget you," her voice broke slightly, "I'll wait for you as long as I can. I promise." She couldn't speak anymore as she broke down in tears and Felix pulled her into a tight hug.

I stepped forward and looked at Y/N looking so peaceful.

"I have no idea what to say. Y/N you were my partner in crime and my lover, if I'm honest I have no idea what I'm going to do without you by my side. I miss you already, I miss everything about you and no one can ever replace you."

I paused thinking what else to say, but words weren't enough to express what I wanted to say.

"You'd be laughing at me now, I'm stuck for words." I chuckled a memory coming to my head, "Remember that time we were shouting at each other because I ate your mango."

"I remember that it was nasty," I heard Felix mutter behind me in a low voice and I could tell he was smiling at the memory.

"You were yelling at me because you had shotgunned it as it was the last one. You yelled at me about why I shouldn't have eaten it and I argued back and became tongue-tied. You couldn't help but burst out laughing, we both laughed until you almost cried. I never touched one of your mangos after that day."

I laughed but tears still rolled down my cheeks.

"We will make memories like those again one day, our time isn't over yet. I'll wait for you forever and forever is an awfully long time."

Ah it's all soooo sad, but don't worry guys it all gets better soon.

Lotta love AFG