New target

Shorter chapter today. I wanted it to feel more intimate and sweet. 
AFG

That night you sat on the balcony of the hotel you decided to stay in. Not having any money wasn't a problem when you had magic at your disposal. A quick gaze into the receptionist's eyes and she gave you two keys to the best rooms in the place. The view from your balcony was one of the best you'd ever seen, but it wouldn't come close to Neverland. 

The glowing lights from the buildings, cars and streetlamps made it impossible to see the stars. Something you didn't like. There was no moon, no glinting of stars, nothing you were used to seeing. Sirens from police cars were whizzing around the city after what happened at the premier. 

The balcony door clicked behind you making you turn. Peter smiled leaning on the balcony next to you his shoulder brushing against yours. Without looking at him you rested your head against his arm and he chuckled.

"You alright?"

"I think so," you replied slowly.

"You think so?"

"Well, I don't feel stressed or anxious. I feel kind of calm."

Peter chuckled. "Strange considering what we've done today. Not many people would be so relaxed afterwards."

"I don't blame them. It wasn't nice. I just kept repeating what Hades had said to me over and over." You sighed looking out over the city.

"And what was that?"

You pulled your head off the comfort of his shoulder and glanced up at him. "Hades told me if I didn't do it someone else would, and that person might not be as quick and painless as me. The knife doesn't eliminate pain." 

"Honour amongst assassins eh?" 

You rolled your eyes elbowing him in the ribs. "I just didn't want him to suffer I guess."

"That's a good thing. Suffering isn't nice for anyone. If you're starting to think you're a bad person your're not. Hades said it was time for them to go right?"

"It still doesn't mean I'm strong enough or the right person to do it. I'm not the master of death."

Peter looked out over the city as if he wasn't sure what to say to make you feel better. You couldn't blame him, you wouldn't know what to say either. "You're acting on his orders. It's not like you're just picking random people."

"True," you nodded not really feeling any better. 

You cast your mind back to the name at the bottom of the list. The man you knew. He'd suffered and he'd made others suffer. The dark thought of putting him through the pain you experienced crossed your brain. You pushed it away quickly, you'd decide what to do when the time came. 

"How long will Noah be gone for?" Peter asked calmly.

You smiled. "Who knows. He's visiting Rio, he could be ages." 

"I like Noah. He's cool." You couldn't help but chuckle.

"Well, I'm glad you approve. He's family after all." 

"It must be really weird for you. You thought you had no family for years and now you've suddenly got loads." He looked down at you with a soft look in his eyes.

"Not really. They're never going to be my family, blood or not I don't know any of them as I know you, Felix and Ayra. You're my family." You told him making him smile. 

He leaned down and kissed you gently. His lips move slowly and softly against yours enjoying the moment instead of heating it up. You missed him. This was your first proper time alone since coming back from Hades. Despite everything that'd happened being gone for months, him letting go to his dark side and starting this crazy mission, he still made you feel giddy like you felt running around on Neverland. 

The kiss eventually broke and he rested his forehead against yours. "Who do you think is next on the list?"

You reached into your pocket and pulled the list out. You kept it on you at all times, you couldn't risk losing it or someone reading it by accident. You scanned down it being careful to keep the last name shielded from his curious eyes. 

"Someone called Amanda Proffe. I think we were lucky with David Black being an actor, not everyone is going to be easy to find."

"I hate to agree with that. It could take us years to get all these people," he sighed rubbing the back of his neck.

"Well it'll be a good adventure," you smiled slipping using magic to locate the next person. "I guess we're heading to Australia." 

"I've always wanted to go there." He pulled you into a hug wrapping his strong arms around your waist. Grinning you held him close to you melting into the sound of his slow heartbeat. 

"I wanted to go to a nice beach while we're there, remind us of Neverland."

"Good idea," he smiled. He paused for a moment before saying, "You know I'm glad we're able to do all this together. I'd hate for you to be doing all this alone and me stuck in the mindset I was in."

You smiled against his chest even though he couldn't see it. "Me too. It makes all these hard times just a little bit easier." 

Sorry, this one was rubbish and short. More action coming next chapter. 

I'm also kinda worried that the way I've developed them into assassins for Hades as being too dark. Please tell me what your thoughts are; if you like it, if you don't I'd love to know. You know what do do if you enjoyed.

Lotta love
AFG