21. Knowledge from Suiko

¤ Third Person ¤

Ji-Na let out a soft sigh as she rested her cheek against the palm of her hand. Her eyes were closed and she listened to the woman Hak had saved explain Awa's situation a bit. After finding Hak at a brothel, Yoon and Kija began to reprimand the man sternly. It only ended after they met up with a familiar brunette, who allowed the large, rather suspicious looking group, into the restaurant where she worked at to talk. Most of the information Ji-Na had already put together, so she didn't really need to listen too closely to the descriptions.

Her body went rigid when she heard something, "The officers act violently around stores and take any woman that catches their eyes." Her eyes snapped to the side, inhaling sharply as she struggled to slow her own thoughts, "We live everyday trying to avoid angering the officers as much as we can." She could feel Hak's gaze on her as she shot him a small smile of reassurance.

She slowly rose to her feet, brushing her hands over her dress as if to dust it off. "The officers here, they answer to Yang Kumji, don't they?" The question was answered with a small nod, fear instantly crossing over the brunette's expression. Ji-Na glanced back, watching as shadows crossed the window. "I see... Hak, I am going out for a bit. I will meet everyone back at camp later."

She heard the chair slide across the floor as an hand shot out and grabbed her wrist. "What are you thinking? This isn't a good place for you to go out alone." He snapped, hissing at her as if no one in the room understood her position.

She calmly placed her free hand over his own, shaking her head slightly. "There is something I must do today. I won't get caught, not with this." She nodded her head as if to indicate to her black haired wig. She smiled up at him, "I will be okay and I will be back before you know it." She didn't flinch under his glare, "Hak, please... It's okay." He faltered for a moment and she instantly pulled her hand back. Her items sat on the table but she made no move to grab it when she quickly left the building.

Once she was out, she took a turn into an alley, dodging the loud and laughing officers. Her head was throbbing as she leaned her weight against the wall, her eyes closing and opening repeatedly. She felt someone's gaze on her, her head instantly spinning to see an officer smirking. "Are you alright? I can take you somewhere to rest, if you would like."

Her fingers faltered, her eyes blinking slowly. "Ah... I... I'm alright. I think I just need to sit down for a moment." She spoke softly, her voice quivering and soft as she stumbled to exit the alley. Instantly, she felt a pair of arms around her waist, shivers shooting down her spine.

She stiffened up for a moment as his voice brushing against her ear. "I know a good place for you to take a break and rest... I'm sure you would be honored to go."

She inhaled, allowing her form to relax as a small smile graced her expression. "I see... If that's the case, I'd be happy to go. Thank you for your kindness. I'm a traveler, so I'm not really accustomed to this area."

Before he could speak again, a foot made contact with the man's face, sending him spiraling to the floor with a loud cry. She turned her head to see a familiar man, who was brushing his green hair flawlessly over his shoulder. "How annoying."

"Jae-Ha-san?" She greeted, awkwardly watching as the officer groaned on the floor. "Thank you for saving me, again." She flashed him a smile, though she noticed how he raised an eyebrow at her.

He slowly shook his head. "Ojou-chan, were you trying to get caught?" The question caught her off guard, shock instantly dancing across her expression as he stared at her, a chilling look behind his purple eyes. She could feel her heart clench as she swallowed the lump in her throat.