9

Yena Choi and Minju Kim

-$-
flashback

"faster Yena!"

"i-i'm trying." Yena said while trying to catch up with Minju. Yena has duck legs ok? so he can't run any faster like Minju does. "why is our parents calling us anyway?" he asked.

Minju stopped running and started walking instead so Yena will be able to catch up with her. "i don't know." she answered.

Yena tried to catch his breath and started walking beside Minju. they were both from school and Minju was supposed to go with the cheerleading squad since she's a cheerleader, and Yena was supposed to study with someone for the upcoming exam. Minju's in middle school while Yena's in high school.

"maybe they'll arranged us in some marriage." Yena said. maybe he just watched too much drama to think of that way. but come to think of it, their parents are close and they are too.

"what? you know i have a boyfriend." Minju said. then, Yena started thinking about this certain someone whom he's supposed to study with now.

"it's not like i want to marry you too." he fired back. Minju fake laughed as she punches Yena's shoulder. "besties for life, right?" Yena asked.

Minju nodded slowly.

Yena's been by her side ever since she was still in her mother's womb. Yena was just one year old back then. she grew up with Yena as her brother. but then, high school came... she started to know what love feels like, and she wished she didn't.

this is a flashback on a flashback

"hey, Minju-yah. you all right?" Yena asked sapping his fingers in front of Minju as he realized that the latter wasn't listening at anything he's saying.

"yeah." Minju answered bluntly. Yena knew that there was something bothering the younger, but what is it?

"tell me, what's wrong?" Yena asked trying to do an agyeo to cheer the younger up. sadly, it didn't work. it always worked back then, what happened now?

"i'm in love with you, that's what's wrong." Minju thought. she looked at the duck once again, and smiled. "yet.. it feels so right."

"i need a hug." Minju said, slowly getting normal. Yena smiled and opened his arms widely, like welcoming the girl in his life.

Minju felt safe in Yena's arms as they hug tight. at this moment, she wished.. she wished she was also welcome in his heart.

end of flashback on a flashback and back to the current flashback

Yena held Minju's hands as they entered the restaurant. of course, both are nervous. the situation seems serious, the voices of their parents on the phone call seems serious, and why the heck do they need to meet up in a fancy restaurant when they can meet up at home?

they both greeted their parents and Yena sat down with his mom while Minju was beside her dad. "what's with the sudden meeting?" Yena asked straightaway, but deep inside, he was nervous as hell.