Chapter 27: Two Angels In Kuoh Part 2

Rias sighed to herself as she walked home from the stores. Usually, Y/N was the one who went shopping as he knew what they needed. Luckily, he'd wrote her a list before she'd left.

Y/N would have gone but Gabriel was still in their apartment. This morning, Y/N and Rias had awoken like normal and found Gabriel cooking breakfast. She had showered and changed into her summer dress she and Y/N had bought the other day.

Y/N had said that he didn't want to leave Gabriel on her own nor would she leave his side anyway. So Rias had gone to shops instead of him.

As she got closer to the front door, she heard something from inside the room. Upon closer inspection, she realised that it was the sound of a piano.

"When I find myself in times of trouble, Mother Mary comes to me. Speaking words of wisdom, let it be."

Rias heard the voice sing. It was definitely a woman's voice and since there were only two people in the apartment at the moment, it had to be Gabriel.

Rias opened the door and came across the sight of Gabriel standing next to the piano while Y/N played expertly.

"And in my hour of darkness, she is standing right in front of me. Speaking words of wisdom, let it be."

Gabriel was so popular in Heaven because she was a fantastic singer. She had the voice of an Angel. But Rias had never heard Y/N play the piano. His fingers danced across the keys like he had been doing it his entire life.

"Let it be, let it be, let it be, let it be. Whisper words of wisdom, let it be," Gabriel sang. Her voice was soft but powerful. She was one of the best singers Rias had ever heard. She wouldn't be surprised if Gabriel had been the one to invent singing.

"And when the broken-hearted people living in the world agree. There will be an answer, let it be. For though they may be parted, there is still a chance that they will see. There will be an answer, let it be."

Rias put down the bags, careful not to interrupt. She enjoyed how they sounded together. Their skills were made for each other.

"Let it be," Gabriel sang.

"Let it be," Suddenly, Y/N joined in as he sung the second 'let it be'. Rias had no idea he too could sing, but he too had the voice of an Angel.

"Let it be."

"Let it be."

"There will be an answer, let it be," Gabriel finished the first part of the chorus.

"Let it be."

"Let it be."

"Let it be."

"Let it be."

"Whisper words of wisdom, let it be," Gabriel finished the chorus.

Y/N continued to play the piano, staying in time. He was focused but his facial features were incredibly soft and relaxed.

"And when the night is cloudy there is still a light that shines on me. Shine until tomorrow, let it be. I wake up to the sound of music, Mother Mary comes to me. Speaking words of wisdom, let it be," Gabriel resumed.

"Let it be."

"Let it be."

"Let it be."

"Oh, let it be."

"There will be an answer, let it be," Gabriel took over again.

"Let it be."