Chapter 65: The Great War #2 Part 1

The three factions prepared themselves for one of the biggest battles of their lives.

Y/N flew up into the slightly smoky air. His aura and Angelic light branched out. He became like the North Star. The three factions looked to him as he took charge.

Y/N raised his hand up in the air, catching their attention. He dropped his hand and pointed it right at Lucifer.

Every single soldier yelled out as they flew forward with Y/N leading he charge. The others ran across the floor.

Issei unlocked his Balance Breaker and took to the skies. Kiba and Xenovia sped past most of them while Akeno took the skies. Rias made sure to keep an eye on Asia and Gasper.

Y/N yelled out as he dived to the ground made out of skeleton bones and punched it. His Angelic light shot out like fire on gas and disintegrated every skeleton that touched it.

The soldiers flew over his head. Angels, Devils, and Fallen Angels alike took out skeleton after skeleton with their own weapons. The Angels and the Fallen Angels summoned light weapons while the Devils used crafted weapons like spears.

Y/N could only watch as the skeleton army were taken out rapidly. He spotted a few fallen soldiers on the floor and forced himself to look away. Casualties were going to be unavoidable in a battle like this.

He was able to spot Kiba and Xenovia working together to take out the undead army with their Holy Swords. The two were practically synchronised.

Y/N saw Issei flying above him. Skeletons leapt at him in the air but he would easily swat them away like the fly's they were.

Issei summoned a Dragon Shot in his hand. He quickly slammed his metal fist into the ball of energy, sending it flying back to the ground. It exploded and sent skeletons to their second graves.

Y/N was impressed by all of them. There was a time when Issei couldn't even summon his gauntlet. Kiba wasn't able to lift a Holy Sword until he stopped running away from his past. Now, they were in the field of war like it was a regular Tuesday. Maybe he doubted Azazel's training too quickly.

The Archangel shot into the skies again. He spotted Akeno effortlessly blasting skeletons from above with her lighting.

However, Y/N stared in shock. Akeno wasn't just using lighting, it was a combination of white and yellow lightning and sprouting out of her back was one Devil wing and one feathered Fallen Angel wing.

"Akeno..." He whispered.

Somehow, over the loud battle below, Akeno heard her name get said. She stopped firing lightning and turned around. When she saw Y/N, she let out a relieved smile.

"Your...wings," He pointed out.

She didn't falter in her answer. "We'll need to do what we can to win this battle, won't we?"

She was surprised when Y/N unexpectedly wrapped her in a hug, holding her head against his chest.

"I'm glad you were able to finally accept yourself," He told her.

Akeno smiled at the warm feeling in her chest as she was held in his arms.

"It was all thanks to you."

He loosened his grip and she pulled back. The two stared each other in their eyes. His hand rests on her cheek. Akeno would always have the most beautiful violet eyes in his mind.

Suddenly, someone cleared their throat from behind. Y/N tried to let go of Akeno as they'd been caught but Akeno refused to release him.

The man who interrupted them was a black-haired Fallen Angel with narrowed eyes and ten black wings. He looked to be middle-aged but he wasn't older than Y/N.