Chapter 5-Missing Her

--The next morning--

Ava yawned as she stretched her arms over her head. Without opening her eyes, she rolled around and reached to her left to hug Sara. It wasn't until her hand landed on the empty space on the mattress next to her that she realized Sara wasn't there. Almost right away, Ava shot up and asked Gideon where Sara was, in fear that she might've gone back to do something to Chloe or to murder her for what she did in murderous rage.

After hearing what Gideon had to say, Ava immediately got up, changed out of her pajamas, and ran out of the room, and headed towards the medbay.

When she arrived, Zari and Wally were standing outside of the Medbay. Zari looked like she hadn't slept the entire night, but if Ava were to be honest, she doubted it had as massive of an impact on Zari as it did on someone who didn't play video games all night at times. 

Wally, on the other hand, looked like he got woken up by Zari and hadn't been allowed to go back to sleep since she woke him up.

"What's going on here, Zari?" Ava asked tentatively as she got to where the two them were standing.  Without speaking, Zari and Wally put fingers to their mouths and made a motion to shush, and then pointed at Sara, who was resting in a Medbay chair. 

Zari then glanced at Ava, and walked towards the kitchen, beckoning for Ava and Wally to follow. Arriving at the kitchen, Ava turned to Zari as if to say, "Well?"

"Sara was wandering the halls of the ship again last night," Zari finally spoke, "And all of us know she hasn't been getting any sleep at all since what happened with Chloe." 

Ava nodded her head, knowing what Zari was getting at. "And?"

"Well apparently, from what Gideon has told me, while Sara's mind was very 'untired', so to speak, her body was exhausted and could no longer make up for the lack of sleep she was getting," Zari took a breath and continued, "She fell outside of my room- I was still playing video games, so it was no bother of sleep at all... And I woke Wally here up for fun." she said grinning a little.

To which Wally glared at her for... 

"Anyway, the point being that Sara finally allowed me to take her to the medbay and let Gideon give her the peace of sleep, and sedate her. Now we're just letting her rest. 

Ava nodded, completely understanding. Her girlfriend had gone through so much, and she definitely has had some nightmare and sleepless nights as she knew because they slept in the same bedroom. 

"Alright then," Ava said, "You and Wally go get some rest yourselves, and I will look after Sara and be there for her when she wakes up." 

-------------------------------

Ava kept true to her word, and watched over Sara for the whole morning, watching her breathe in and out with her chest rising. Ava couldn't believe how stunning her girlfriend was, even while sleeping. True, it was a little creepy, but she loved her too much to care.

Around noon, Ava got up to get some lunch smoothie from the kitchen, in which Gideon quickly fabricated for her. When she returned to the Medbay, however, Sara was no longer there.

"Gideon, where's Sara?" asked Ava calmly- assuming Sara had probably gone to her room. 

"Ms. Sharpe, I believe she has gone off this ship using the time courier you left on the bedside table in her room." Gideon  replied nonchalantly

"Well can we track my time courier and plot a course to find her?" Ava half-yelled, now a little admittedly panicked. 

Yes, Gideon had said. They could track the time courier. She was back in Central City 2018, but this time at Chloe's work, as Gideon knew. The team would take the jumpship.