Chapter 15- If it Didn't Hurt-Hold On To Me

Ava was aware of the pounding headache that lingered, not too long after she first woke. Constantine was still in a trance, when she realized something. She left the mindscape soleromly for Constantine to hold on. She couldn't quite understand how she'd been so selfish to let Constantine do this alone.

She had to find a way back into Sara's mind, so that Constantine generally only had to hold on to one soul- hers.

"Gideon, how do I re-enter Sara's mind?" Ava asked indecorously.

"Ms. Sharpe, I would not advise-" 

"No, Gideon, I have to. Constantine can't hold three souls at once. Without me in there, he's holding his own, Sara's, and Quentin's souls in place. With me in there, he only has to hold mine, as I have an indirect connection to both Quentin's and Sara's. Tell me. What do I do-" Ava put her hand on Constantine's shoulder as she said those last words. 

Before she could finish the sentence, her head lolled back to rest against the seat of the medbay chair. 

--------------------------------------

Constantine looked up, from where he was kneeling. He was next to Sara, and Ava next to him, but they didn't seem to notice him. 

It wasn't until he had been forced to re-enter the limbo world that he realized there was not just Ava's but Sara and Quentin's souls resting the weight of pulling back to limbo. 

There was sudden weight lifted off of his chest, and he knew with that, that Ava must have re-entered the realm. He knew that that was a very dangerous thing to do, to touch someone who was halfway between two worlds. Half of Constantine's consciousness was in the med bay of the Waverider, while the other portion of his consciousness was forced into the limbo world of Sara Lance. 

Ava, what are you doing here? Constantine spoke carefully to Ava's presence. He was only a little surprised when he heard Ava's voice reply to him.

I have to save her. I can't let her die. And you can't do it alone either. 

It was understandable, of course. They were a familiy, and Sara and Ava especially- they were the ones that would do anything for each other. 

Go back, Constantine. Help us from the outside. I got it here.

Constantine wanted to protest, but he knew what Ava was saying was true. He muttered a quick spell, and then another one as he began to disappear. He had casted a spell that had ensured that his soul would be bound to the limbo world until Ava and Quentin were able to get Sara out of the world that they were in. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Constantine opened his eyes, still in his kneeled position. He could speak, but he couldn't move. that was the downside to the spell that he cast on the captain and co captains. All magical spells that involved other dimensions always had a darker side when it came to the cons of a spell. 

He tilted his head as far to the right as he could move his head, and he saw that Ava's hand was resting on his shoulder. It was beginning to fall off, but given the spell he cast, there was a force field around that hand that kept it there. 

Nate knew that Constantine had come back, but he hadn't understood why Constantine was yelling at him to do things that he could easily reach from where he was crouching. But facing a glare from Constantine, he did what Constantine asked without any other questions. 

Zari and Amaya were in the room as well, but for whatever reason, Nate was the one that was fussing over the three of them. As Nate was fussing over Sara, per Constantine's instructions, they hadn't noticed that Ava had began speaking. She was still in the limbo world, but the Time Bureau agent was speaking.