Chapter 9- Justice for What You Did to Sara

two nights after uneventful two days...

That night, Ava laid in bed and thought about what Chloe had told her about. There was something that Chloe said that bothered her. It made her...feel... not scared, but something that feels very similar to that emotion. Ava summed it up to guilt. She couldn't understand why she felt guilty. 

After what seemed like an eternity of lying in bed and staring at the ceiling, tossing and turning, Ava decided to get up to get a drink of water from the galley. She'd try to figure out what she felt was wrong with how she felt about what Chloe had said.

It wasn't until Ava stood in the Galley drinking a glass of water that she realized why she felt so guilty. Maybe it was that Chloe had shown some humanity, and Ava felt like she was treating Chloe to harshly, and that she had been viewing Chloe as a monster, rather than another person that was just so broken and hurt by someone else. 

Perhaps those who treat us terribly were just always in pain, Ava thought. perhaps as much humanity as we all have lost in ourselves, we can gain it back by treating those who have done wrong. 

But as much as guilt Ava had felt for treating Chloe the way that she did, there still had to be Justice that had to be done for Sara. Chloe had done the unthinkable to the woman she loved so dearly. However much guilty she felt for how she had treated Chloe would have to wait. 

She subconciously had walked back to the fabricator, and Gideon, being Gideon, filled Ava's cup with a drink- her favorite. 

Ava sat down in one of the chair in the galley and took a sip from her cup. She began to consume herself in her memories, in her thoughts. 

Without realizing it, Ava began to cry. She was overwhelmed by her emotions, her world splitting her mind into two, unable to decide what was the right thing to do. She couldn't stop thinking about Sara as Ava put her head in her hand, and started scrolling through her phone. She knew that it was going to be a long night, as she wouldn't be able to sleep anytime soon. 

(TRANSITION TO AVA WAKING UP FROM MR. TERRIFIC'S CALL ABOUT HOW THE BATTERY WORKS AND WHAT'S DIFFERENT ABOUT THE BATTERY- THE CONCOCTION MAKES IT HARDER TO REMOVE, BECAUSE POWER ALONE IN THE BATTERY WAS ALREADY NEVER-ENDING, THE DARK MAGIC INSIDE INJECTION MAKES IT HARDER)

                                                                                    -------

Out of her confusion, Ava's faced appeared. It wasn't as clear as she was used to, but it was Ava's face. As Sara moved closer to Ava, it seemed as though she was moving further and further.

 For every step that Sara took, Ava took one backwards. Frustrated, Sara ran forward. Ava turned around and ran. It didn't  occur to Sara that she was surrounded by things. Things meaning buildings. It was like she was in a tight alleyway in New York City. But minus the smell and the darkness of these alleyways. In the moment that she paused, Sara realized something.

Something was wrong. It felt wrong. Everything. 

Where she was standing, it just felt so wrong. The buildings in front of her, to her left and right, they were just too perfect. Smooth crystal walls, but with the sound of metal when she tapped it with her fingernail. It was ironic, actually. 

In the moment that Sara suddenly got the urge to observe her surroundings, Ava had disappeared. Not disappeared, actually, she'd taken a physical form, more than just her face. Perhaps this was because she began to feel present her surroundings. 

All of a sudden, she felt a hand grab her wrist. Sara's first instinct was to turn around a hit whoever grabbed her wrist, and fight back, but her legs felt like they were glued to the ground. She couldn't move. she couldn't turn her head.  She was frozen in the spot that she'd been standing , gazing at the end of the alleyway where she had seen Ava.

As hard as she tried, Sara couldn't turn her head around. The streets that had been extremely clear the moment before started getting blurry. It wasn't the kind of blurriness that you would get out of being, say, drunk, or even hitting your head. It was the kind of blurriness you'd get from being exhausted- half awake and half asleep. 

Sara heard the sounds of the streets around her, but she also heard other things as well. Voices, out of its place. 

But this vertigo only lasted a couple of moments. her body unfroze, and suddenly she was able to move her head, her body again. Although her body was no longer stuck in a spot, her feet still were.

Finally being able to turn her head, she did. Sara turned her head to look at where the pressure on her wrist was, and saw two fingers on it. Before Sara had the time to register whose hands the fingers belonged to, they disappeared. But Sara knew those fingers. She'd know them anywhere. They weren't Ava's, that was for sure. 

It was an odd thing for Sara to be thinking about fingers, but that's all she was able to think about  for the rest of the day in.... wherever the heck she was at. 

The weirdest thing about where Sara was at, was not just the perfection of everything, but also how it never seemed to get dark, and she never seemed to get tired. It was such a seemingly big place, where one could get lost, yet Sara seemed to always knew where she was going, where she wanted to go, and how to get there. It was a bit like being a foreigner that had never been to New York City, but somehow knew which trains to take to which places. 

                                                                               -------

"Ava" said a voice, shaking her awake. 

Ava sat up straight extremely quickly, hitting her head on another person's head, inciting a squeal, as she heard the clack of someone's glasses falling on the floor.

"JEEZ A WEASLES! I put conduit wires in these glasses! Wait what?  You don't put conduits in glasses, what am I talking about? I mean, of course I know what I'm talking about, but that made no sense over there. What did I even come in here for? I know I wanted some food, but then I-"

Ava turned around and saw Felicity, and barely held back a laugh, as Felicity began to do her usual rambling. She was so relatable, and quite honestly, it felt like Felicity's rambles were all things that people say inside of their heads. 

                                                     ----------------------------------------------

That night Ava headed over to the medbay to check up on Sara again. It wasn't until near midnight when she felt a tap on her shoulder. 

She bolted straight up, noticing that she'd been holding Sara's hand with her head on Sara's bed. It was Constantine, and knowing Constantine, he'd probably doing his voodoo magic, most likely naked in the library like he did that other time. Sara would probably laugh at this- if he could

Without waiting for Ava to ask him what was happening, Constantine explained that he was able to reach into the abyss of magical-ness- whatever that meant, Ava wasn't really that intrigued about what it could've meant- that there was a way to possibly pull Sara out of the fifth dimension that she was stuck in. 

Not hesitating, Ava was immediately down for whatever Constantine had planned for her. 

Shortly after Constantine's explanation to Ava about his idea of reaching Sara, Ava was lying in an adjacent medbay chair, getting ready to reach Sara. 

She closed her eyes, and heard Constantine begin his mumbling and felt the wind of Constantine's hand waving. 

-----------------------------------------------------

Hey guys!

 I just realized I published Chapter 10 before this one- sorry! I hope you guys came read this anyway... hopefully it publishes in order for future readers haha.

When I noticed that, I slightly rushed the last part since I never concluded this chapter properly despite knowing what I was going to write...

Thank you so much for reading far and I hope you continue to enjoy. 

-C r y o f t h e c a n a r y