Chapter 14-I Need You to Come Home

Constantine couldn't help pacing back and forth. He'd been standing in the medbay for nearly the entire day, not counting the times he went to the galley for food. Even then, he'd been out for only ten minutes, max. 

" WHO PUT THIS DIAPER ON ME- RAY!!!" Nate was heard yelling from somewhere on the ship. Without the two leading ladies, Zari and Charlie were barely keeping the team together. It was an odd scene, having Constantine keeping never ending watch over Ava and Sara, and with Zari taking the reigns on the ship.

Even Gideon had seemed surprised. Speaking of Gideon, she had been monitoring the women's stats since they brought Sara back from the scene that they'd found her in. Oliver had long returned to Star City, with the promise that he'd be back the minute Constantine or Ava gave the call that Sara was waking up. Although, he had zero clue that Ava was in Sara's mind scape. 

Although Constantine couldn't see what Ava was seeing consistently, he knew the moment Ava passed between Hell and the limbo world, both when she entered Hell and when she got out of it. It was a seemingly smooth transition when Ava entered, but her coming out wasn't the same.

When Ray asked how he knew that both Ava and Sara were safe, Constantine tried to describe it to him,

 "Love, it's like this," he explained, "Part of me is connected to hell-"

"No surprise there-"

"Ray, big man, let me finish-  So whenever a soul I am attached to, or anchoring, passes through Hell and back, I feel the tug inside of me. It was like that one time I went down to Hell to save you from Neron."

Ray bobbed his head, although Constantine was sure that the lovable teddy bear of the team only understood about the scientific parts of what he was saying. There was absolutely nothing scientific about magic. At all.

So Ray understood nothing of what Constantine was saying. Oh well, that's a forgivable offense, Constantine had decided. It was just then that Constantine had begun to feel the pull, yet again, but this time stronger than before. He knew that getting Sara from Hell was no easy task, especially considering the hold whatever demon it was had on her. He had no idea what demon it was, but whatever demon held onto Sara's soul was not a weak one. 

As Constantine hunched over, Ava began to stir in the chair next to Sara.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sara, come on," Ava begged, as she continued to put one hand on Sara's heart, the other holding Sara's hand, "You need to come back to me."

"Sara, the team needs their captain back."  A  hitch in her breath, a crash of emotions overwhelming Ava, 

"Sara. I need you, you are everything to me- my life, my rock, my heart. Please, Sara-"

Ava felt herself fading away, slowly hearing Ray's voice, asking Constantine if he was okay. 

Constantine? I'm not supposed to hear him or Ray. Ava thought as she began to be conscious of a half floating, half grounded sensation. 

She heard a loud yell, coming from somewhere that was not Sara. It was from... wherever Constantine, Gary, and Ray were, where the team was. 

Ava, love, I can hear your thoughts- No, you are not supposed to be hearing me or Ray's thoughts. But I can't hold you there much longer, something is pulling on me to let you go or pull you out. I know you almost have Sara, that you guys are in the limbo world. Ava, pull her out now! 

Ava strained to hear the things that Constantine was saying in her mind. She still felt her hand on Sara's, and  she knew that Sara was still there with her, but as Constantine couldn't keep her there, she began to feel Sara slipping away. She had to do something. She had to pull Sara back, somehow.