Chapter 10- Where are you, Sara?

Sara couldn't see anything. It was like one moment she was in the distorted alleyway in the city, and the next second she was elsewhere.

She felt a hand slip into hers; "I got you, babe" whispered a voice

Sara turned around, but there was no one there. 

"Where are you?" Sara asked.

"You can't see me and I can't see you right now, but the team and I are trying to get to you to help you- Constantine said you're stuck in some sort of  other world or something- and we can help you out sometime. Just remember that I l-

She couldn't hear Ava anymore, and it was like something was interrupted between two of them.

It was another whirl of wind, almost like those in the movies that you see of someone being whisked to another world. 

You're never gonna be found. Not while I have control of you and her

Sara knew something was going on up there in the awakening world, as she recalls those fantasy books calling it. 

There were flashes of images- again, like those shown in movies- of her and Ava together. of Oliver and her out in Star City at night all those years ago. 

Sara. Do you see how much you've lived. Don't you think it's time for someone else to?

Sara saw more images pass by. The hard parts. Sin's death. Her sister's death. Her father's. The Gambit  going down. Her first death. The Pit. 

Her hand was on Ava's throat. 

On her Father's

You always knew you were a disappointment didn't you? You're weak. indespicable. Unable to be proper. You're crazy, you know that? That's why no one likes you. 

Sara tried to take her hand off of her father's throat but she couldn't.

She couldn't look at her father, couldn't look at Ava. She was ashamed. She'd failed them. The voice speaking wasn't wrong. She couldn't save them

That's right. They died because of you. IT'S YOU'RE FAULT 

YOUR FAULT

YOU'RE STUPID

YOU COULDN'T SAVE THEM

SO YOU SHOULD DIE WITH THEM. 

an unknown force moved her hand to the left and Ava's neck snapped.

"NO!" Sara screamed in despair. But no one could hear her. She was alone. 

That's how you always were, weren't you. No one ever there for you. You try, and try, but you're never good enough. You can't do a single move right can you? 

Sara was able to move her hand away from her father's neck. He fell to the ground, unable to breathe. 

"I'm sorry dad.." Sara sobbed "I'm sorry." she kept repeating those words to herself. She walked backwards. 

She backed up so far and she could no longer see her father, but the further she got, more images showed up.

Oliver being overwhelmed by shadow demons. Nyssa shot to death by a grief stricken Felicity. Felicity in the arrow costume captured by her in a dark League of Assassins outfit with Amaya. Amaya snapping Felicity's neck

This is what you did. Your life caused these. 

 "no! None of this happened. Stop lying to me." None of this happened. 

She pleaded with whatever force it was that kept showing these things to her to stop showing her what she failed at, but they wouldn't go away. 

Sara suddenly felt something in her chest- and all of a sudden she was gasping for air; and then she lost all consciousness. She was aware that there was beeping. But she couldn't open her eyes. She heard the beeping but it was distant. Perhaps the voice had started to let her go. But it may have been the dying heartbeat of her father's.

She heard the monstrous silence of the abyss of her sin far louder than anything, however. She couldn't shake it off. It was like she was a stiff cardboard. 

                                                               ------------------------------

Ava was in another session with Constantine and Oliver. The daily sessions that the three of them tried to reach Sara. And each day they were getting closer to penetrating the fifth dimension barrier that Constantine said was there that prevented them from reaching Sara.

Apparently that's where Sara was. 
"It's like Purgatory." grunted Mick

Honestly Ava wasn't quite surprised anymore at what Mick says. Mick told them that he'd been in the fifth dimension before, when he'd been under the control of the Time Masters all those eons ago- but he didn't know how he got there. 

Ava was able to talk to Sara and hear from her as Constantine was able to contact them to the fifth dimension, but it was as stable as a rotary phone connection would be in the 21st century. 

Not long after the group took a break after the failure to penetrate the barrier of the fifth dimension, Sara's vitals began to spike, alerting the team of the changes. 

"Her serotonin levels are extremely high, adrenaline is coursing-"  Gideon got cut off.

"how would you know how to measure adrenaline levels?" Ray said. 

"She's an AI. Let her do her job" Ollie replied.

Gideon went on explaining that Sara was experiencing a panic attack, while unconscious, most likely caused by the serum injected by Elan and Chloe.

Unfortunately, Gideon said, there was nothing they could do right now except to keep trying to reach Sara in the abyss that she was in.

So that's what they did.

Before Ava left the medbay, she whispered to Sara, 
"Where are you, Sara?"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys!

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, school's been a bit insane for me lately, and today I finally found the time to update, haha. 

I wasn't planning on this chapter being a majority of in Sara's mind, but recently I've been going through some stuff mentally, and just in general, so I just wanted to express what I've been feeling lately, and this was a way to get it out.

Enough of the ranting. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. 

No I don't know when the next one will come out, unfortunately.

I hope soon though!

Happy Holidays!

-C r y o f t h e c a n a r y