Chapter 7-Short Chapter- Sara's Condition

Ava opened the portal directly onto the Waverider's medbay. The Legends followed immediately behind, with Wally speeding Chloe into the brig. He was back in a flash.

"I put her in the brig like you asked, Ava." Wally said breathlessly.

Ava nodded, but was paying more attention to Sara. Her breathing seemed to have gotten even lighter than it had been when they first found her in in the back of that truck. This sent Ava into a panic.

She told Oliver to set Sara on one of the chairs, and Gideon began to scan her. While Gideon did this, Ava tried gently pulling at the collar around Sara's neck. No avail. No one could understand why Chloe and Elan had treated her this way, like an animal.

"Mr. Queen, I would welcome you aboard the ship, but right now I need you to do exactly that I ask of you to help Sara." Gideon spoke, seeing that Ava was in no condition to help, being that she was fully consumed in worry for her girlfriend.

Oliver nodded, and shifted his weight from where he stood next to Sara. Gideon must've told the rest of the team except for Ava to clear out, because when Oliver called her name and asked her to come and try to help him, the team was no longer in the room with them.

She didn't notice, but Oliver had been asked by Gideon to put an oxygen mask on Sara, seeing that she wasn't breathing all too well on her own.

"Ol-" Sara's voice, weak and barely audible whispered from the chair with her eyes still closed. Her eyes fluttered a little, and fell completely shut again.

"Gideon?" Oliver asked.

"Ms. Lance seems to be fighting as hard as she can against the drug that was given to her, which unfortunately, I can not determine yet, due to the massive amount of blood she has lost from her injuries. It's a simple injury, really, but it seems hard to heal." continued Gideon, "Your presence, along with Mr. Queen's seems to be helping, Director Sharpe."

Ava lifted Sara's head up and Oliver slipped the oxygen mask onto Sara's bruised face. As Gideon continued to instruct Oliver to clean the wound around Sara's abs, where there was a prominent wound. Ava cleaned the blood from the cuts on her face.

When she finished with cleaning up Sara's face, she moved to help Oliver with cleaning the ab wound. As they worked, Oliver spoke.

"It must've been horrible beyond imagination," He said, not knowing about the video that was sent to them by Chloe.

"It was terrible," Ava replied, trying to choke back tears, "Chloe or her team sent a video of what was happening to Sara... and I... I...."

"You tried to help her." Oliver finished for her. Ava wordlessly nodded.

"I was trying to tell her it was okay, but it was a recording, so of course she couldn't hear me. I tried to help through the recording; tried to get to where she is fast enough-I-" Ava couldn't speak, and she finally let the tears fall.

"Hey, listen to me... It is NOT your fault what that demented ex-friend/ woman did to your girlfriend." Oliver said, trying to comfort Ava. All Ava could do was nod.

When Oliver and Ava finished cleaning up the waist wound, along with all of the others, Gideon requested that one of them put the IVs she designated into Sara. She explained that these would help Sara fight, or contain, and while she didn't say it, keep Sara alive while she was unconscious and under whatever drug it was that Elan/Chloe gave her.

Ava tried to help; while Oliver connected the others, but even by the time Oliver finished with 4 of the IVs, Ava still couldn't finish her first, which was the last one that had to be put into Sara. Her hands were just shaking to hard, and she didn't want to put the needle in the wrong place.

Tapping his hand on hers, Oliver took the needle from Ava and put the needle in for her. Through her tears, Ava smiled gratefully.

---------------

The two of them set up chairs near Sara's bed, which Gideon had respectfully transformed from a dental-like chair to a bed, and after a while of watching Gideon and her lasers do their work on Sara's wounds, they talked about what had happened with Sara.

When Ava showed Oliver the clip that Chloe and her goonies had set to the team, he couldn't help but express an expression of shock.

" They did this to her?!" Oliver said in shock, "This is so terrible..." He looked over at Sara in empathy.

"It's crazy that the world has done so much to her to beat her down, and yet she fights through it every day, and the world still beats her down. So much has happened...."

Ava nodded. She knew about Sara's history with Oliver with the Queen's Gambit amongst other things like the League and Lian Yu.

The two kept talking, and talked for what seemed like several hours. They were suddenly interrupted by loud beeping from what was monitoring Sara's pulse, as well as her general condition. Oliver and Ava rushed over to her side quickly. Amaya, who was walking by when it happened also ran in, hearing the beeping.

The injection area where Ava recalled Chloe stabbing a needle into Sara with was pulsing... Hard. With the collar around Sara's neck, it seemed to be the reason that the vein had turned white, and it bulged from her neck, glowing. Ava guessed that the glowing was from the serum, or drug, or whatever it was that Chloe put into Sara. And then it shrank. Sara stopped breathing.

"GET CONSTANTINE." yelled Ava. She knew this had to be magical... There was no way Sara's heartbeat could be moving faster than regular speed but not fast enough for a seizure, but yet for her not to breathe. Amaya nodded her head and went to get Constantine. Oliver, who had been looking at the screen that had been monitoring Chloe in the brig, turned around.

"Ava, I think you need to go speak to Chloe. It seems like she knows something. Maybe she's figured out somehow that we know that the collar has something to do with the reason why Gideon can't help Sara with the drug in her system." Oliver spoke, pointing at the screen. From the brig, you could hear the things going on in the Medbay, because Zari had yet to fix the outside outside door of the brig room. The cell door was solidly locked, but it wasn't soundproof. Chloe was awake and beckoning her to come.

Ava stormed out, heading for the brig. She would question that monster and interrogate her for what she or Elan put into Sara, or find something that would help the team create an antidote for.