Chapter Two: Dominance

Didrika was now fourteen. Her appearance had changed dramatically. Her red hair was now down to her butt and tied up in articulate braids. She wore makeup to cover up bruises and scratches. Her clothes were now tighter to her figure. She had her own personal type of armor that she made customary for herself. Didrika was very experienced in multiple types of weapons. Her Cavikru accent was barely noticeable and to her clan she had a Polis accent. Her mental health was in a better place too.

It was a rainy day. The clouds covered the sky in a depressing gloom. The wind pushed at the tree limbs and leaves. The rain hit the houses with loud clops. The waves rose high and crashed into the shore with raging anger. Most people were inside, unless they were archers watching over the clan.

Didrika was drawing in the living quarters of the sixth founding family. The room was lit with the small gleam of the candle flames. She wore a simple long sleeve shirt that exposed her collarbone and shoulders and skin tight pants with her bottom half of armor. Her hair was in a waterfall braid.

The attack on Cavikru was a sheathly mission. Azgeda had slipped in unnoticed and began raiding living quarters. Blood blended with the rain and mud. Roan and Ontari slipped into the founding family building. They were met with resistance.

Didrika heard the shouting and clanking of weapons outside her room. Didrika ran outside and caught a sword heading straight for her head. She slid on her knees past an enemy. She spun and slashed at his knees. He fell and she stabbed the sword into his throat. She pulled it out and blood sprayed her face. Didrika knew she had to get to the Foheda's chamber. She slipped into the shadows and made her way to the room without meeting further enemies.

Didrika opened the door to the Foheda's chamber. A pain shot up her side. Didrika looked down at her side and saw an arrow sticking out of her. Her breath hitched and she looked up with wide eyes. Didrika saw Roan and Ontari in front of her. Ontari had her bow still drawn. She saw Trea. He looked beaten and he stared at her in disbelief. The concern in his eyes was very apparent. He ran forward and Didrika watched everything in slow motion. Ontari discarded her bow and pulled out a sword. She jabbed it and it made a clean cut through his neck. Trea's eyes widened and the concern was replaced with shock and pain. Blood dripped down his neck and then he slipped to the floor.

Didrika flinched from the feeling of warm blood spraying on her upper body. Didrika felt her muscles flexing as she sprung into action. She dived toward the ground and rolled past Ontari and grabbed the machete at Trea's nightstand. Didrika rose to her feet and Ontari struck at her. Didrika swatted her hand away; Ontari's sword fell to the ground. Didrika pushed her into the bed frame. Ontari's head cracked open and blood splattered on the bed frame. Ontari slipped to the ground.

Roan ran toward her. Didrika pivoted to the side dodging his advancement. She slammed the sword into his head. He sunk to his knees and Didrika punched him in the face. He collapsed onto his back and Didrika pressed her knee on his throat. He helplessly slapped at her leg as he fell victim to unconsciousness.

Ontari climbed onto Didrika's back. Her legs wrapping around Didrika's waist and her arms around her neck. Ontari pulled them to the ground. Ontari forced the arrow into her abdomen further. Didrika kicked at her chest. Ontari slammed her fist into Didrika's head. Ontari pressed her arms on her neck. Didrika choked and sunk her teeth into her wrist. Ontari cried out and Didrika would not let her go. The blood seeped into her mouth and iron filled her senses. Ontari pulled out a knife and slashed at Didrika's face. Didrika screamed out. Her skin ripped apart at her eyelid, eyebrow, and cheek. Blood gushed out of the wound.

Didrika snarled and rolled onto Ontari. Ontari yelped. Didrika slammed her knuckles into her face. Ontari's face reddened with bruises, rashes, and black blood stained Didrika's knuckles and Ontari's face. Roan regained consciousness and pulled Didrika off of Ontari. Ontari screamed as Roan dragged her out of the room.