Chapter Ten: Heir to Lorelei Kom Cavikru

The colosseum was full of spectators and clan officials. Didrika stood on the colosseum stage beside Gaia and Berangaria. Warriors of each clan were slowly arriving. Their chosen champion walked up the stairs to one of the three girls. The girls would pass the champion their clan's sigil and show them where to stand. Didrika kept a blank face to greet the champions. The Ambassadors expected her to crumble because of her love for Lorelei. Didrika was not going to give them the pleasure of seeing her broken.

Octavia sat on a bench inside a warrior tent. She had on new armor. A black chest plate with a silver arm guard. She wore a forearm guard on the other arm. Her fingers were half covered. Several candles were on a desk in front of her. They lit the room up. A knock on the door made her turn her head. She saw Bellamy and looked up to the ceiling.

"Here to give me a pep talk?" Octavia asked.

Bellamy moved to the bench and sat beside her. He looked down at her with concern and worry.

"You don't have to do this. We can find someone else to fight," Bellamy said.

"If I die, I die. At least I go down fighting," Octavia said.

"O, you don't have to fight to get our people into power. Didrika already did that for us."

Octavia rose to her feet and walked around the small table and faced her brother.

"That's not why I'm doing this, Bell. I want to be by Didrika's side. She's my friend and she needs me," Octavia explained.

"Not like this, she doesn't," Bellamy told her.

"Bell, this is my decision. I know what the odds are. I don't need you pointing them out."

Clarke appeared in the door frame and Octavia turned to her.

"It's time," Clarke said.

Octavia nodded. She turned to Bellamy and then turned right back around quickly. Octavia walked up to Clarke. Clarke put her hands on Octavia's shoulders. Octavia looked up at her, shocked.

"Hey, you got this," Clarke told her.

Octavia gulped and walked out of the room.

Clarke looked to the floor in sorrow. Bellamy walked up to her and watched his sister leave his eyesight. He turned his eyes to Clarke.

"You really think she has a chance?" Bellamy asked.

"Right now, she needs to believe it," Clarke said.

Clarke gave him a comforting smile and he sighed. Bellamy ran his fingers through his hair. They walked out of the room to join the crowd.

Didrika watched Octavia push her way through the crowd. Didrika turned her eyes to Berangaria. Berangaria nodded and stepped forward. It was her turn to give the sigil.

"Octavia kom Skaikru, step forward," Berangaria announced.

Octavia climbed up the stairs to the stage. She met Berangaria. Berangaria turned and held up a necklace with a sigil pendant on it. Berangaria clipped the necklace around Octavia's neck. Octavia closed her eyes and smiled to herself.

"Accept this sigil of your clan and fight with honor as their champion," Berangaria said.

Berangaria stepped away from Octavia and put her hand out. Octavia looked at the outstretched hand confused for a second. Octavia shook her hand and then moved to Didrika. Didrika shook her hand and gave her a hidden smile. Octavia nodded at her slightly and moved to Gaia. She shook Gaia's hand. Gaia patted her back and pointed to her spot on the stage. Octavia walked over to the flag with the symbol of Skaikru on it.