iii. other-worldly

chapter three
other-worldly

"HOLY SHI-" The shocked exclaim from the lips of Analisa Morgan is abruptly cut-off when an enormous, water-conjured hand slams into her significantly smaller body with the force of a thousand tsunamis, throwing her back upon impact

"HOLY SHI-" The shocked exclaim from the lips of Analisa Morgan is abruptly cut-off when an enormous, water-conjured hand slams into her significantly smaller body with the force of a thousand tsunamis, throwing her back upon impact. Swiftly pushing herself back up from the hardwood of the pier in which she landed, and with her gaze glaring upward toward the face of the elemental, she can't help but think upon the notion that, out of the wide array of oddities she had come face-to-face within her time, it was a spout of water with a serious anger problem that was kicking her ass.

"Keep up, nightfall," Passing by the knocked-down hero whilst in flight, Quentin, with his fish-bowl appearing helmet raises to obscure his appearance, speaks these few quick words with an obvious sense of teasing laced within his smooth tone. In response, he receives the middle finger from the female, which he simply smiles vastly at, before finally, flying off to continue their uphill battle.

"Fucking newbie," Analisa mutters beneath her breath as she simply watches the oddly-dressed man glide toward the elemental, leaving her in the trail of his mystical gas. Unwilling to allow the newcomer to complete all the heavy-lifting of the situation, the palms of her hands turn to a downward direction, shooting out a powerful ray of darkness, and propelling her into the air.

Rising to the level of the monster's mostly hidden face, Analisa sends a rapid-fire flow of dark energy into the swirling water, her magic fading into the liquid as it becomes absorbed by the elemental. The constant darkness that seeps out the palms of her hands mixes with the green magic that Quentin throws at the beast, conjuring a beautifully destructive array of light, come together in an attempt to bring down the monster before then. Whilst it is momentarily entrapped within their magic, Analisa turns toward the male fighting beside her, calling out, "What's our strategy?"

"It won't stop growing until it's away from its water source," Quentin responds to the female after shooting yet another blast at the monster, receiving a simple nod in return for his words, his words having properly conveyed what he had intended. "We need to do it quickly, too, before it becomes even more powerful."

"Let's do this," Analisa mutters the few words quietly, the audibility in which they hold only just able to be heard by the ears of the cape-wearing man. However, due to the sparking conversing between the pair, they quickly find themselves both caught off guard by a sudden attack from the hand of the elemental, Analisa only just having enough time to throw up a shield conjured from dark energy. The water slams against the barrier with an unmatched level of brute force, the impact causing the two to skid backwards slightly, but barely inflicting any real damage upon them.

Quentin, having been the one to be flung the furthest back, comes to a halt just before he slams into the concrete foundations of a near-by bridge, catching himself using his green-coloured magic. He takes a moment to regain his usual sense of composure, and, just as he is about to rejoin the fight, a voice echoing from behind him catches his attention. "Hey, sir, I can help! Let me help. I'm really strong, and I'm... sticky."