vi. fire meet gasoline

chapter six
fire meet gasoline

"ALRIGHT, I'M IN POSITION," The voice of Peter Parker, which is slightly muffled from the quality of the communication device within his ear, echoes within the eardrums of Analisa Morgan

"ALRIGHT, I'M IN POSITION," The voice of Peter Parker, which is slightly muffled from the quality of the communication device within his ear, echoes within the eardrums of Analisa Morgan. Since both she and Quentin had left the comforts of their own, albeit tiny, room in the hotel, they had found themselves patiently awaiting in their positions designated by Fury. Peter, on the other hand, had only just arrived, having been held back by his hesitance to ditch the girl whom he'd developed strong feelings for. "As soon as I, uh, see something, I'll, uh, I'll let you guys know."

"Roger that," Quentin responds on behalf of both him and his female counterpart, both positioned within the same area, awaiting the first sign of the other-worldly being. Analisa's eyes, hidden away beneath the surface of her mask, scrutinisingly stare out upon the foreign city, the woman having been set in high-alert upon receiving the notification that danger was soon to arise.

"How's the suit?" Nick Fury, who still remains a short distance away from the place in which the three heroes are located, chimes into the conversation, speaking in reference to the new darkly-coloured suit Peter had received in an attempt to obscure his identity from onlookers.

"The suits great. It's awesome," and, in his usual over-enthusiast, geek-like manner, Peter gushes over the new uniform, the smile worn upon his lips managing to show through his uplifted tone. "A little tight around the ole web shooter, though."

An exasperated sigh echoes from the slightly cracked lips of Analisa, the woman pinching the bridge of her nose as it does. The line in which their communication devices were using immediately becomes silent as the boy's words ring out, lasting for a few moments, before the female speaks up, her tone sounding alike to one a parent would use after their child utters a curse-word. "Peter-"

"Okay, I'll shut up," the boy mutters quickly, taking back the words which he has spoken moments prior, his expression morphing into one of regret as he realised what he had said whilst Analisa, a woman who he looks up to, was listening to his every word. Regaining his composure, he once again directs his undivided attention toward the task at hand, observing for any changes.

For a few fleeting minutes, the scene is silent, each individual within the trio of heroes ready to fight when the signs of forthcoming danger emerge. And the first sign comes in the form of steam, arising from the water fountain in the middle of the highly-populated square, the boiling gas causing a slight sense of panic in all those who surround it. The suspicion toward such a thing being caused by the elemental, a suspicion which had sparked within Analisa, is only confirmed by both Nick Fury and Maria Hill, who mention that energy spiking and seismic activity were occurring.

Screams of terror erupt from the throats of many innocents as tendrils of lava, or a thing much like it, arise from the ground beneath their feet, wrapping around the fountain that produced water, utterly consuming it. From it, a creature, with fire worn as though it were its skin, begins to take its form; The Elemental. A deafening, animalistic roar erupting from its mouth as it stands tall, towering over all the frightened beings below.