17 - river encounter

Clementine

At some point, she wasn't sure what to say. If her friend group didn't know that she couldn't swim, and couldn't overcome her somewhat rational or irrational fear, they could possibly poke fun at her.

You can't blame her though, last time she went swimming in a river, she nearly drowned; Until her friend Omid, and her surrogate father, Lee dragged her out of the water. After that incident, she stayed far away from rivers.

Until Louis felt the need to bring the topic up, during English class. He poked the head of the eraser on her shoulder "Psst. Clem" He whispered, Clementine turned her head, and shot him a glare, meaning be quiet or i'll yeet you to sophie.

"What?" Clementine tapped her pen on the leaves of her notebook. Louis grinned, he didn't want to show how scared he was "Why didn't you swim in the river?"

"That's stupid, I didn't bring swim wear, that's the tea." Clem turns back to working on the english work sheet quietly and undisturbed. English was the second— or third subject she took seriously. The other two being P.E and History, since her surrogate dad is a history professor. Well, she takes shit seriously when it came to academics anyways.

"That's not just the tea." He chuckles quietly "Want to go to the river during free period?"

Clementine pressed her eyebrows together, as she tucked a piece of hair back "Is that even allowed??"

"Yes, kids have done it before. We won't be the first one" He winked, it was a intriguing suggestion. But what If he knew about the fact she almost drowned, and can't swim? The irony of the song he always sung around her. She rolled her eyes, she flipped her hands up "Fine," Louis gave a pearly smile "Great, but you used to have a sense of fun" He joked ever so nonchalant, before actually working on the worksheet.

She turns over to him, ever so 'offended'. She decides to not spout out a insult, since she was in no mood with entertaining people "What a pillow case" She thinks to herself

Violet smirks "Ah, I remember the first time Louis went into the river" Louis'  brown eyes widened, as he covers Violet's mouth "Shh, don't say it or else"

Violet gags, removing his mouth "What is this? Blackmail?" She scoffs, writing on the sheet work, Clementine silently snickering at the clash

The school day went fast, it was concerning on how one moment she'd be sitting in the third class of the very sad day, and then blink; and suddenly it's free period

Clementine yet again, doesn't really want to waste a rashguard in a river, since they're going to a river, not a beach where they're sun and sand, and rip tides that can kill you. So she decides to bring a white t-shirt that's very much a little too big

Louis guides her by her small hand, leading her over the rocks and moss, they sat on the rocks near the the stream. Louis bough a bag, which contained a towel and a few extra clothes. Clementine just brought the said shirt

Louis stares at her, examining her a little too much for his own liking, getting too lost in her natural beauty. He heard her complain about how weird she looked; that she looked like a 'egg' When really, if she was a egg, then she'd be a hot ass egg.

Clementine waves her hand infront of his dazed face "Yeah uh, can you turn around again?" Clementine raised an eyebrow, pointing at her shirt that she was going to change into